11-16-2019 02:32 PM
My HP Photosmart 2600 all in one has a "Scanner Error" on the screen.... I reloaded the driver twice, and still nothing... my unit is over 10 years old, but am wondering if there is an update that I may have missed...
11-19-2019 11:40 AM
Welcome to HP support community.
Check the scanner bar functionality: partially lift the scanner lid, and then press the Copy button or icon. If the scanner light does not illuminate or move across the glass.
Perform a power reset
- Turn on the printer, if it is not already on.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
- Wait at least 30 seconds.
- Plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet and printer without any surge protector.
- Turn on the printer.
Update the printer firmware
Refer the steps mentioned in this HP document for firmware update:- Click here
I hope that helps.
To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.
I am an HP Employee