Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP DeskJet Plus Ink Advantage 6000
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I installed software for my HP DeskJet Plus Ink Advantage 6000 but all lights went off and all I can see is orange light and i get a message there is no paper in printer while actually there is 15 sheets of paper. Could you help me with hard reset of device so I can see all buttons ass they were when i bought the printer. Thanks in advance. 

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for using the HP Support Community.  The printer uses a new Contextual User Interface - the control panel only lights up when needed.

Try to reset the Wireless by pressing it for 5 seconds.  The wireless button is located at the back of the printer below the Power button.

Here's a link to the Userguide :

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c06584213

On page 3 you can find the location of the buttons.

These resources shows you how to setup and use the Contextual User Interface to do a copy :

I am an HP Employee. Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.
Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

Click on the link to subscribe and get the latest video uploads: https://goo.gl/y4Rcn1 Remember to like and share the video if you know of friends that would find this useful. Click on the bell so you will not miss out on any new videos. This tutorial shows how to copy a document using the Smart ...
HP Recommended

I still have problems with the orange light near to wireless indicator. The light doesnt stop working and the HP app says Check printer. Thanks a lot for previous answers and manuals

HP Recommended

Thanks a lot for details, links, and manuals. I would be very grateful if you could help me with orange light right to buttons. I loaded the paper but the problem still exists and I dont know what to do.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Was the paper loaded properly?  Try to take out the paper and load back in again.

Also,  have you installed the Ink Cartridges?  Orange means "Attention needed".  

Hope that helps!

I am an HP Employee. Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.
Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

HP Recommended

Hi,

Please make sure you load the paper properly as described under Step 4 below:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-deskjet-plus-ink-advantage-6000-all-in-one-printer-series/29...

Also, please make sure the tray is closed properly.

Additionally, can you see a solid or blinking amber light?

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.