Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP laptop
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Bought new hp laptop need to connect my HP printer I hooked it up just as I did to my last HP laptop but this one keeps searching for it and doesn't find it. Need someone to walk me through the process being that HP has kept me on hold 2 x for over an hour then say's they can not take my call and to call back. Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@nani22 

Hello,

What is the exact model of your printer (e.g. CB747A)?
To locate this Product Number P/N: this document.

In order to resolve this incident, I invite you to follow the instructions of one of the following HP links:

Please use the Full Drivers and Software to install the printer.

Don't hesitate to contact us in order of need.

Best regards,:Wink:

I'm not an HP employee. Did this message answer your question? Include it below as an Accept As Solution! Did you find this message useful?  Click on the thumbs up set to give a Compliment! Follow us on Facebook Assistance customers HP.

HP Recommended

printer is plugged into wall outlet for power and eithernet cord is plugged into printer and computer. That is exactly how it was plugged into my previous HP computer and it worked fine. It's not working with this one. I have been trying to do this for over 3 hours now and I've about reached my limit. When I bought this laptop this morning all 3 people that I spoke with said all I needed to do was plug it in. I told them I had the disk for the printer and they all said don't worry it will work. The printer I have is HP deskjet 4500. 

HP Recommended

@nani22 

Thansk for your return,

Please use the HP DeskJet F4500 series Full Drivers and Software to install the printer.

If the issue persists, please follow the following procedure:

1. Disconnect the USB cable from the USB port on the computer and the back of the printer.
  2. Press the Windows flag and the R key simultaneously. The Run window opens.
  3. Type %temp%, then OK. the temp folder opens.
  4. Locate then double click on the 7zS... folder (if there are several, choose the most recent one).
  5. Double click on the util folder, then ccc and run Uninstall_L1.bat. The computer will restart after the uninstallation.
  6. Re-access the same location to launch Uninstall_L2.bat, Uninstall_L3.bat and Uninstall_L4.bat.
  7. After the last restart of the PC, launch the registry editor:
    1. Press the Windows flag and the R key simultaneously. The Run window opens.
    2. Type regedit, then OK. The registry editor opens.
    3. Expand HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, then SOFTWARE, right-click on Hewlett-Packard and Delete. (If the PC is HP brand, develop Hewlett-Packard and delete Digital Imaging)
  8. Delete the HP DeskJet F4500 series folder in the path:
    • C:\Program files (x86)\HP
    • C:\Program files\HP
  9. Launch a new the printer installation with the HP DeskJet F4500 series Full Drivers and Software.

I remain at your disposal in case of need.

Best regards,:Wink:

I'm not an HP employee. Did this message answer your question? Include it below as an Accept As Solution! Did you find this message useful?  Click on the thumbs up set to give a Compliment! Follow us on Facebook Assistance customers HP.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.