Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
Photosmart 6520 e-all-in-one-series
Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan

Printer is going threw all the motion's. However when paper comes out there is no ink. I have changed all printer ink. 

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@June21

Please print a Quality Diagnostic Page and let me know if it prints

1. Load plain white paper in the tray.

2. On the printer, touch Settings, touch Tools, and then touch Print Quality Report.

Print Quality Diagnostic report

Keep me posted 😊

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Done this step. All colors printed except black. The  lines on bottom are straight.  Now what?  Thank you for getting back to me. 

HP Recommended

@June21

This seems like an issue with the black ink cartridge. Do you have an alternate/new black ink cartridge to try with?

Try cleaning the printhead

Touch Settings, touch Tools, and then touch Clean Printhead. If print quality is unacceptable on the page that prints, touch Clean Again to perform a second cleaning, and then continue to the next step

Perform step 3 from this document.

Now, try making a standalone copy in black and check if that works.

Keep me posted for further assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Ok, I went to go buy another black ink. This makes my third attempt at changing my ink. Money down the drain.  I have tried all the steps you have sent along , checking the vent and other things listed on your list.   My printer has been wonderful all these years since Jan /26/13 .  I don't understand after all the people you have help find solutions with their printers you can't help me what's wrong with mine. That black isn't printing at all. BUT it will print when I do the Diagnostic checks. Example ......     1. check levels are okay(BLACK)  2. (BLACK)Check media and setting: 3.(BLACK) Check the color blocks below.   Then when you check the block ,( black )it is not filled in that block at all. It just doesn't make any sense. Why is it able to print in black for a few things, but then No black for my printing needs? There must be something that can be done. That isn't running to the store and buying another printer. I've been so happy with mine. Please don't give up. Thank you for getting back to me.

HP Recommended

@June21

That's unfortunate. If you have already replaced the black ink cartridge, performed all the troubleshooting steps mentioned and facing the same issue, please contact our HP Support team for Service Options as it could be a possible hardware issue:

1) Click on this link - https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp?openCLC=true

2) Select your product type below.

3) Enter the serial of your device.

4) Select the country from the drop-down.

5) Select the appropriate option based on your preference.

6) Fill the web-form and proceed further.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.