5 3 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Installation of software

HP Recommended
HP Officejet 4500 All-in-One Printer Series - G510
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I have an HP computer with windows 10 (64 bits) working well, an HP laserjet Pro MFPM127fw working well but the problem is with the installation of the software of the HP Officejet 4500 wireless.

The installation of the  software downloaded fron the HP site  OJ_AIO_4500_G510n-z_Full_Win_WW_140_408-5(1).exe is starting well installing 6 out of 7 software pack. When installing the last one, there is an error and the installations stops and prepare a report to be sent to HP. There is also an error window that appears and I have joined a screen capture with this mail.

A possible source of error: I have installed some time ago other printer packages for the Officejet 4500 before I found that the exact model number G510n was available in the cartridge door of my printer.

Jean-Marc Rheaume

Capture.JPG

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 16
Level 16
28,138 27,861 4,892 11,036
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please follow the installation again till the EULA screen.

Click the 4th link to customize the software and keep the following applications only:

HP Officejet 4500

HP Solution Center

HP Digital Imaging Functionality

IRIS OCR

Press OK and click the 2nd link to change the internet connection options, select No, Thanks for both options and press OK.

Accept the terms and press Next, then follow and check if you may see any difference.

Shlomi

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up in the post.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
Author
5 3 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you very much for your help. It is well appreciated.

However it didn't go as suggested. Essentialy, I remove the printer software and got an error message. When I re-installed the software package, i was unable to choose the software to be installed: It went trough the system verification, system preparation and installed the 7 softwares.  The installation of the bing bar failed.

I don't care too much about the bing bar. But the problem is that the HP solution center open but doesn't seem to work. When I click on the scanning an image, a window opens HP scanning but is not going any further...

I took many screenshots of the uninstall and install messages but it does seem I can post them in this answer. I will post  a new item in order to paste the error screens.

Please follow me on this new post

Jean-Marc

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
5 3 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Sorry, I found how to include screenshots...

So I tried to uninstall the software first and got these messages. I do not understand why the last 2 messages talk about windows 8 when I am using Windows 10 (64 bits) N.B this computer was upgraded from Windows 8 to 10

Capture 2.JPGCapture 3.JPGCapture 4.JPGCapture 5.JPGCapture 6.JPGCapture 7.JPG

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation