Did you mean: 
DavidLFP
2 1 0 1
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

LDAP server authentication failed

LaserJet Pro M477fdn

Hi, I'm trying to setup a LaserJet Pro M477fdn to retrieve network contacts from our DC server, but it's giving me "LDAP server authentication failed. Check settings."  I have tried both a newly created user account and the enterprise administrator account.  Settings look as follows (with obvious substitutions to keep anonymity):

LDAP Server Address: <IP Address to DC server>

Server Port: 389   (This appears to be correct?  I used the ADSI Edit tool on the DC server and it successfully connects via localhost:389.  Firewall on the DC server is off, so this shouldn't be an issue.)

Requires Authentication / Windows Credentials

Domain name: ourdomainname.local

Path to start search: OU=SubOU,OU=Parent OU,DC=lfp,DC=local   (and yes, the second OU has a space... I don't know if this affects things?)

Match the name entered with this attribute: cn   (I've tried others in here as well)

Attribute Name for recipient's email address: mail

Any help in tracking this down and resolving it would be great.  I'm a team of one for this place and this is my first time trying to setup LDAP connections.

Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
Hestnet
2 1 0 0
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

I'm wondering if you have been able to resolve the issue since you posted this?

I'm having the same trouble with a LaserJet M377dw. I don't have any spaces in my OU's. Port 389 is not blocked.

I'm trying to match the name with the samAccountName attribute.

I had this working previously. I don't know why it would have stopped.

0 Kudos
DavidLFP
2 1 0 1
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi, sorry, I saw your reply but have had so much going on I completely forgot to reply.

No, I have not found an answer to this issue yet.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation