Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended

Hi, I'm using an HP LaserJet M1132 on Windows 7
This morning, for the first time, I begun scanning some paper documents printing them without problems. After done, in the evening, I tried to scan other things but that time, the scan begun creating white sheets instead of copes (the scan works and runs, I also tryed to add more contrast on copies, but it produces just white sheets with a small line of black ink at the bottom of the page)
I tried to print some pages from the laptop, and it worked, so it's not the toner.
I tried to scan on my notebook creating an jpg image, whitout printing, but the image of the scan was a white image... so I thinks the problem is the scan unit itself.
The printer however doesn't give any error messages and after this morning (when the scan worked) I didn't install or change any settings (both in the LaserJet printer and my HP notebook where the printer is installed).

I'm under insurance because I've bought the product a week ago. The printer is new and has been used very few times.

Any advice?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi Arash84,

If the copy is still blank from the printer this is an idication that the scanner has failed. Below are some options available to you at this point.

In Warranty:

Please call our technical support at 800-474-6836. If you live outside the US/Canada Region please click the link below to get the support number for your region.

http://www.hp.com/cgi-bin/hpsupport/index.pl

Out of Warranty:

HP Out of Warranty Support Options for Select HP Consumer Printers*

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

HI angelhitomi,

Sounds like the scanner is not working correctly. HP designed a quick and easy tool that diagnoses and resolves many hardware problems: The HP Hardware Diagnostic Utility. These hardware problems can prevent printing, scanning, or copying. HP recommends that you download and install the Hardware Diagnostic Utility any time you need to troubleshoot a hardware problem.

Let me know what errors you receive?

http://www.hp.com/go/tools

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

Hi, I have same problem. I've updated the firmware to 20120206 but problem remains.

scanner "seems" to work correctly but scans blank

HP Recommended

Hi Arash84,

What happens when you make a copy from the control panel of the printer?

Run the Hardware Diagnostic Utility from Message 2, and let me know what you find out?

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended
copies are blank too
OK, I'll try it
HP Recommended
hmmm, it says: We are sorry, but the HP LaserJet professional M1132 MFP is not currently supported by this utility ... 😞
HP Recommended

Hi Arash84,

If the copy is still blank from the printer this is an idication that the scanner has failed. Below are some options available to you at this point.

In Warranty:

Please call our technical support at 800-474-6836. If you live outside the US/Canada Region please click the link below to get the support number for your region.

http://www.hp.com/cgi-bin/hpsupport/index.pl

Out of Warranty:

HP Out of Warranty Support Options for Select HP Consumer Printers*

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended
Tnx 4 ur help pcwizard, but I'm exactly in middle of hell, Iran 😞
Here we have no official tech support, just forums and forums and...
HP Recommended

Hi Arash84,

Check out the following information below.

http://www.hp.com/cgi-bin/hpsupport/index.pl?r=me

1.jpg

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

Have gottn lasting solution to this.,. Whatapp me or call my cellfone [Edited for Personal Information]

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.