Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
LaserJet M1522nf
macOS 10.12 Sierra

How to scan to Macbook running OS Sierra 10.12.6 from the LaserJet M1522nf? I get a "cannot locate PC" message on the multifunction printer  which worked fine using El Capitan.

I can print but cannot scan to the computer. 

Loaded  Easy Scan but it does detect the printer on direct connect to computer.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thanks @ShlomiL!

Hi @Roy1522,

Glad to hear that your issue is resolved and all is working well now.

Have a nice day!

I am an HP Employee. Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.
Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for using the HP Forums.

You'll need to install the HP Utility as well as the HP Easy Scan.

Check out this resource on how to enable Scan to Computer once you have done that:

macOS 10 12 Sierra Enable and Use Scan to Computer on HP Officejet Pro 6970

https://goo.gl/84VRLr

(Different printer but the steps are the same.)

Hope that helps!

HP Recommended

I have followed your instructions to a "T" but am having  trouble getting HP Utilities to show many options. Under settings it states "general and supply levels" nothign more to lead me to scan function. At the moment all I have installed is the Easy Scan but is remains blanlk and does nto pick up the printer. I now have printer connected directly with ethernet cable to router and directly with USB cable to computer.

Still cannot get Utilities to show with any info as you indicated. Any sugestions? I will delete  all and start over in case there was some corruption in the first download. I may not have latest software as old macbook worked well in all functions with El Capitan.

HP Recommended

Hi @Roy1522

Would suggest that you try to delete and then start the download and install HP Easy Scan and HP Utilities again.

Hope that works!

HP Recommended

Hi,

Apologies for jumping in.

OS X 10.7 was the latest version to fully support your printer.

Any later OS version only support printing or faxing, scanning is not supported and therefore you experience issues as listed by below chart.

Scanning via any ICA module such as Image Capture or HP Easy Scan is not supported for your printer:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-laserjet-m1522-multifunction-printer-series/3442750/model/34...

You may try the 3rd party VueScan app which support your scanner with no need of any installed driver:

https://www.hamrick.com/vuescan/hp_laserjet_m1522.html#technical-information

Hope that helps,

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

I have deleted and reinstalled all which loaded utilities and easy scan. Still the attempts to load software on the printer stops at about 70% loaded saying there is an error but nothing specific. So still tryign to get this LaserJet M1522nf to allow me to scan to the compter as it did prior to buying this macbook running Sierra.

Must admit I get a little dizzy going through all the HP pages and still no solution.

Any help appreciated. Not sure if Sierra is not compatable with this older printer model. If I cna print why cannot I not scan?? Hours into this problem but no further ahead.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the tip, Vuescan saved the day and stopped all the surfing .Appreciate it as my older model Laser Jet M1522nf just does not work with Sierra but too good to throw out. So the "nf" goes from "nonfunctional" to "not finished "

HP Recommended

Thanks @ShlomiL!

Hi @Roy1522,

Glad to hear that your issue is resolved and all is working well now.

Have a nice day!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.