Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP 8600 Pro

I also have the lines mentioned previously, but with a slightly different twist. I can scan to a computer from the ADF OR the glass with zero issues. When I COPY from the glass and print it looks like I have longitude on my copy. I can print just fine. I can scan to a computer just fine. I cannot copy and print from the glass.

I have cleaned the scanner glass, I have cleaned the white plastic, I have cleaned the short glass in front of the scanner glass. Zero changes.

If this is something I have to replace I am not so sure it will be with an HP. This is my fourth all in one I have owned and I have not had issues with any until now. I am open to suggestions, and if possible, an explanation of why I can scan to a computer off the glass but when I copy from the glass to print I get longitude. Yes, I scanned and printed with just a white plain piece of paper to ensure there wasn't some kind of copyright protection. I'm at a loss for an explanation but would like to hear the why of it...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @Photo8620,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums!

I see that you're unable to copy from the flatbed scanner glass. I would be happy to help you and please remember to return to this thread and mark 'Accept as Solution', if I have successfully helped you resolve the issue. If you wish to say 'thanks' for my effort to help, click the 'thumbs up' to give me a Kudos.

Generally, when we see these type of lines, it is caused by something on the glass casting a shadow. Seeing as you do not get the lines when scanning from the scanner glass. I'm more inclined to assume that there is something else causing the issue. Such as power or a firmware issue. 

Please confirm that you're able to scan using the flatbed scanner glass without producing lines.

Follow the steps within this guide:

I would do a hard reset to see if that will resolve the issue.

1. Leave the printer on and unplug the power cable from the printer and wall outlet for 60 seconds.
  2. Then reconnect the power cable to the printer and wall outlet rather than a surge protector. This ensures the printer is receiving full power and may help this situation.
  3. Make sure the printer is connected directly to a wall outlet (don't use a power bar or a surge protector). 
  4. Try a different outlet/room. 
  5. Try a different power cable. 
  6. Try copying a blank sheet of paper.
  7. What were the results? 

Which operating system are you running? 

If the issue persists and there are lines when copying using the flatbed scanner glass. I recommend performing a Semi-Full Reset. I can send you that information in a private message. In the forum beside your handle name just click on the envelope to view it.

If you completed all the preceding steps and your product still has an issue, service the product.

Contacting HP for service in all countries/regions except Asia Pacific.
First, go to Check your product warranty to check your printer warranty status, and then go to Contact HP Support to find an authorized service dealer or to schedule a repair.
Check Warranty Status: http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/wc/public/home 
Repair fees might apply for out-of-warranty printers.
What you can do, is use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process: 
Step 1. Open link: http://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp
Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect 
Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options" 
Step 4. Scroll down and click on HP contact options - click on Get phone number 
Case number and phone number appear. 

I hope this information is helpful. Please respond to this post with the results. Good Luck! 

Drakster
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi @Photo8620,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums!

I see that you're unable to copy from the flatbed scanner glass. I would be happy to help you and please remember to return to this thread and mark 'Accept as Solution', if I have successfully helped you resolve the issue. If you wish to say 'thanks' for my effort to help, click the 'thumbs up' to give me a Kudos.

Generally, when we see these type of lines, it is caused by something on the glass casting a shadow. Seeing as you do not get the lines when scanning from the scanner glass. I'm more inclined to assume that there is something else causing the issue. Such as power or a firmware issue. 

Please confirm that you're able to scan using the flatbed scanner glass without producing lines.

Follow the steps within this guide:

I would do a hard reset to see if that will resolve the issue.

1. Leave the printer on and unplug the power cable from the printer and wall outlet for 60 seconds.
  2. Then reconnect the power cable to the printer and wall outlet rather than a surge protector. This ensures the printer is receiving full power and may help this situation.
  3. Make sure the printer is connected directly to a wall outlet (don't use a power bar or a surge protector). 
  4. Try a different outlet/room. 
  5. Try a different power cable. 
  6. Try copying a blank sheet of paper.
  7. What were the results? 

Which operating system are you running? 

If the issue persists and there are lines when copying using the flatbed scanner glass. I recommend performing a Semi-Full Reset. I can send you that information in a private message. In the forum beside your handle name just click on the envelope to view it.

If you completed all the preceding steps and your product still has an issue, service the product.

Contacting HP for service in all countries/regions except Asia Pacific.
First, go to Check your product warranty to check your printer warranty status, and then go to Contact HP Support to find an authorized service dealer or to schedule a repair.
Check Warranty Status: http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/wc/public/home 
Repair fees might apply for out-of-warranty printers.
What you can do, is use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process: 
Step 1. Open link: http://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp
Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect 
Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options" 
Step 4. Scroll down and click on HP contact options - click on Get phone number 
Case number and phone number appear. 

I hope this information is helpful. Please respond to this post with the results. Good Luck! 

Drakster
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended
It worked. I was skeptical it would be that easy of a fix, but it was.
Kudos to you, though I am curious as to why it occurred. More so for my own knowledge than anything else. I am always looking to increase my knowledge base on computers.
One thing I didn't mention in my initial post, due to not discovering it at the time, was that I could scan and print in color. Even when the scanned item was in b&w.
Up to you if you want to explain it, but it's fixed.

Thank you.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.