Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP Envy Photo 7155

Printer keeps losing connection to the network when I try to scan documents. If I turn router off, then on again, it works. Or sometimes I have to restart my computer. This happens a lot.

21 REPLIES 21
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for using the HP Support Community.

Can check this out"

What to do when Wifi keeps dropping?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyxpt6bi2OE

Why updating Firmware is important?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkLOiJFHAjU

Hope that helps!

I am an HP Employee. Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.
Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

Click on the link to subscribe and get the latest video uploads: https://goo.gl/y4Rcn1 This tutorial shows how to update the printer firmware on the HP OfficeJet 5230 AiO printer. The printer must first be connected to a network. Updating the printer firmware usually improves the printer's ...
HP Recommended

The videos were for 5000 series. I have a 7155 and couldn't find the options in my control panel. 😞

HP Recommended

Hi @Dianehoch 

Follow these Steps to update Firmware on your printer:

1. From control panel, Scroll down and tap on Setup (gear icon)

2. Scroll down until "Printer Maintenance"

3. Scroll until you see "Update the Printer"

Steps to disable IPV 6

1. From control panel, Scroll down and tap on Wireless icon 

2.  Tap on the Settings icon (Gear icon at bottom left)

3. Select "Wireless settings"

4.  Scroll down until "Advanced Settings"

5.  Disable IPV6 (turn it off)

Hope that helps!

HP Recommended

For Firmware update -- printer responded "no printer updates."

To disable IPV 6 -- I disabled the IPV 6. I went to scan a document and still get the same error message:

"The selected computer is not available. Make sure:

.  The computer is turned on.

.  The computer and printer are properly set up on the same network.

.  The HP printer software installed on the computer is configured."

I had to power my router off and also the printer and then the network was re-established and I could scan my document. I have to do this almost every time I need to scan a document. I think I should just return this printer.

HP Recommended

Hi @Dianehoch 

Try this to create a TCP/IP port.

This example will show you how:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtKU4wc76PY

Hope that helps.

Thanks.

Click on the link to subscribe and get the latest video uploads: https://goo.gl/y4Rcn1 This tutorial shows you how to create and use a TCP/IP port. The TCP/IP port supports printing and scanning and is used when there are connectivity or Offline issues with the printer. The method to create the ...
HP Recommended

This did not help either. In fact right now I have the same error message when I try to scan a document. "The selected computer is not available. Make sure the computer is turned on, the computer & printer are properly set up on the same network, the HP printer software installed on the computer & configured." Yesterday, I got this error message and I backed off the software and reinstalled the printer software and finally got the scan to work. Today I'm back to the same issue but now unplugging the router doesn't even help. I can't get it to scan at all.

HP Recommended

Hi @Dianehoch 

What's the brand of the router you're using? 

How far is the router from your PC and printer?

Do you use any wifi extender or the printer is just the router alone (no extender)

Have you tried using HP Smart app to scan?  HP Smart can be downloaded from Microsoft store or if you are using a mobile phone, download from Play Store or Apple store.  Add the printer to HP Smart and you'll be able to scan as well.

Do try it out and let us know.

Thanks.

HP Recommended

I use Optimum (Cablevision) for my cable company and their router which is an Arris. There is also an extender from Optimum. I had an HP 5520 prior to this and also had scan issues but if I turned printer on/off I was good to go.  Just now I restarted my printer and now the scan works. 

The printer is sitting right next to the router and the extender.  We have an extender as my son uses his computer in the basement and they installed this so he could get service.

No, I have not tried using HP smart app to scan on my phone. I will try that.

HP Recommended

Sorry, I meant I restarted my computer and now the scan works at the moment.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.