Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended

Just installed HP Smart on my cell phone and it works but is not convenient. I have pet insurance claims that I have to submit via their portal and with the HP 7155 I could scan them all in one file and then drag & drop them to their portal. Using my cell phone will not be convenient for this task at all.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Try downloading the HP Smart from Microsoft Store, then you'll be able to use it on the Desktop or Laptop.

Hope that helps!

I am an HP Employee. Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.
Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

HP Recommended

Ugh. OK so I'm on my desktop and trying to download the HP Smart app from the Microsoft site. I had to set up an account which I did. I'm signed into my Microsoft acct. and when I'm on the HP Smart screen and press the button "Install on My Devices," it responds "It looks like you don't have any applicable device(s) linked to your Microsoft account." Huh? My computer is running 8.1 version of Microsoft so it meets the apps requirement. I went into the app on my phone thinking it had to be linked to that somehow. I'm confused how this works.

HP Recommended

Wait, I'm downloading MS Store app on my phone. Let me try this first.

HP Recommended

I don't understand what I'm supposed to download where.

HP Recommended

And I don't see an Ethernet port to directly connect this printer???

HP Recommended

Hi @Dianehoch 

This model does not come with Ethernet, only the Envy Photo 7855 has the Ethernet port.

Seems that HP Smart is supported for Win 10 PCs, for Win 8.1, you would need the HP FULL software solution.

You can download from here:

https://support.hp.com/ca-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/hp-deskjet-plus-4100-all-in-one-series/29...

(though it says Win 7, Win 8.1 should be supported)

Saw you mentioned installed software, was it the HP FULL software solution?

Hope that helps

HP Recommended

I've downloaded the full version a few times now. Nothing changes.

HP Recommended

Hi @Dianehoch 

Was the installation successful after the download?

Thanks.

HP Recommended

No. I've tried the HP Print/Scan Doctor, I've tried re-loading full version of driver. The scan was working yesterday and today it's not working. I called Best Buy where I purchased it over a month ago and they are going to graciously let me return it in exchange for another printer. Are you positive that the HP Envy Photo 7855 has an ethernet port? I read the specs on it and doesn't mention that. They won't have it in stock so I'll have to order. I don't want to order and find out it doesn't have an ethernet port as I want to directly connect it to my router.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.