11-23-2017 03:48 AM
I have had this printer/scanner connected for a couple of years with no problem. It is wired network connected and I print/scan from a Mac. Up until now I have had no problem.
Now the copy and print functions work fine but the scan from the Mac has stopped working. WHen starting up the HP Scan app it looks fine but when I click SCAN it has a yellow triangle ! logo and the presets are greyed out. It always used to do this for a few seconds and then it would come to life but it no longer does that.
If I now click continue it says "preparing to scan" but does nothing - no scanner movement at all.
Copy to local print works fine. Printing is ok both from Mac and iPad. I have checked the network addresses and they are ok.
I have tried my wife's mac (El Capitan) and that seems to be ok so it looks like a driver or configuration problem. Can you advise me where to look please.
Solved! Go to Solution.
11-24-2017 10:29 AM
Hello, @Renowden - Greetings!
Thanks for accessing the HP Support Forums for extra support! I see that you are experiencing trouble while scanning with the LsaerJet printer. I will do my best to assist you with this issue 🙂
I would suggest you use “HP Easy Scan” so that you can scan from your computer. HP Easy Scan is a free app from the App Store with tools to scan documents and photos to a Mac running OS X 10.9 or later. Please install it here: http://apple.co/2lsPpwU
Also, check http://hp.care/2d75fhX to get detailed instructions to scan and also to change the settings while scanning.
If the issue persists, try the steps below:
- Uninstall the old printer drivers first. Follow the steps mentioned here: http://hp.care/2cKwLyC
- Now run the Apple Software Update. Check here for steps: http://hp.care/2cNgw3C
- Restart your computer and printer.
- Click the Apple menu icon, and then click “System Preferences”.
- Click “Printers and Scanner” / “Print and Scan” or “Print and Fax”.
- Right-click the blank space in the Printers list, and then click “Reset printing system”.
- Click “Reset” in the confirmation window.
- Enter an administrator username and password, and then click “OK”.
- Wait until the printing system is reset and no devices show in the Printers list
- Now, click http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/HP_Quick_Start/osx/Applications/HP_Easy_Start.app.zip to download and install the printer driver.
- In the “Add printer” window, make sure you add the printer as mentioned below:
- Click the “Add button” (+).
- Find, and then select the name of your printer from the printer list, and then click “Add” to add your printer.
- Click “Print Using...” or “Use”, and then select Secure AirPrint or AirPrint. Alternatively, you may select the name of your printer if available in that list.
Please let me know whether that works for you. Thank you!
Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!
I am not an HP Employee
11-24-2017 02:41 PM
Thanks for the help. First a couple of small corrections. My wife's Mac is running 10.12 (whatever that is called) and, although it worked first time I tried it, it subesquenly failed in the same way.
It looks like the app you suggested HP Easy Scan is an updated version of the one I previously had (HP Scan) and seems to work the same way but doesn't have the problem so a win there. I will keep your more detailed response to hand and if I get further trouble then try what you suggest but touch wood ...
(I was an HP employee too before I retired!)
11-24-2017 03:09 PM
Thanks for the update & Great stuff! Always feel great to meet / help another HP faithful 😉
Visit us again if you have any concerns!
Thank you again and may you have a wonderful day and even better tomorrow 🙂
I am not an HP Employee