cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
1 0 0 1
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

M1522nf won't scan, Windows10

HP Recommended
Laserjet M1522nf
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

New DellXPS8930 desktop withx64-based processor using Windows10 Home v. 1803. Connected to HP M1522nf. No problems with printing, but unable to scan.  Receive Error message: A problem prevented  the document from being scanned.

I have tried the scan app and the fax and scan app and with both when I 'hit' the scan icon on the PC the laserjet physically scans (i.e., flatbed light goes on and sensor moves across), but then I get the error message.

This has occured regardless of whether I:

1. Plugged the laserjet in and let the PC connect automatically.

2. Manually loaded the HP drivers for M1522nf Windows 10 after deleting the drivers loaded automatically.

3. Manaully loaded the HP drivers for M1522nf Windows 8.1 after deleting HP drivers (as seemed to be suggested by a forum post from 2015.

I know the laserjet is several years old, but someone out there must have a solution for me to be able to scan. Any help will be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

were you able to solve it?

I have exactly the same issue.

Thanks 

Alex

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation