LaserDave Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

M525f Damaged Flat Flexible Cable

LaserJet 500 MFP M525f
Replacing Scanner flatbed unit, the corner of the Flat Flexible cable appears dammaged. Possible this was from a bad insertion and the scanner now won’t calibrate. Is it necessary to purchase an entire new scanner kit or is it possible to replace just the cable or even trim off the end to fix the connection?
3 REPLIES 3
Professor
Professor
1929 1925 204 255
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It depends, I have successfully trimmed several damaged FFC ( not on this printer model) that worked after without any issue.

View my profile on LinkedIn
0 Kudos
LaserDave Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

What’s the best procedure to cut away the bad cable? This has one gold connector line (or pin?) on the corner of the cable end that looks like it has been affected. The damage goes back to the stiff sheet of plastic. Can the plastic sheet get peeled back? It looks like I could remove 2 or 3 mm of length with a blade and still have enough cable to reach the connector.
0 Kudos
Professor
Professor
1929 1925 204 255
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I wish I could be of more assistance to you but can't. You need to decide whall will be the best, cut it or not.

I think that FFC can't be ordered as a spare part, only complete scanner, so you don't have much to lose. Just take good care that cut pins are long enough and not connected between before connecting

I use the table paper cutter guillotine it's sharp and cuts great.

View my profile on LinkedIn
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation