Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
MFP M125nw
Other

Trying to copy a doc. Display says "ready", and after pressing the copy button, shows "calibrating", then "ready" again. no print.

I tried the steps proposed by Senan6806 last year, but no change.

I'll have to add that the device is stand-alone, and had been working fine for the last 3 years.

Thank you in advance for your time

Maxx

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi Maxx,

Do I understand correctly that you use this printer only as a copier and the printer is not connected to the computer nor to a router?

@maxx48 wrote:

Trying to copy a doc. Display says "ready", and after pressing the copy button, shows "calibrating", then "ready" again. no print.

... and what happens, when you press copy again?

@maxx48 wrote:

I tried the steps proposed by Senan6806 last year, but no change.

It's better you give us the link!

Keep me posted.
Andreas

If my post resolved your problem please mark this post as an "Accepted Solution".
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks”!

German community:
created 11,631 posts + generated 1,114 solutions + received 1,654 kudos

I'm not an employee of HP, I'm as volunteer here.

Inquiries via private messages (PM) cannot be answered.
HP Recommended

Correct, the printer was used in an office only as a copier, without any connection. Sorry for not having given a link. Was looking for one  but did not know how to do this. The post said to unplug the printer, remove the cartridge, put it back and restart the printer (maybe in a different order).

I can press copy as often as I want, it goes ready, calibrate (which shows for only 2 seconds), ready, calibrate, ready and so on.

TIA

HP Recommended

The post of Senan6806 I was referring to was posted 02-01-2019 to a question from "Fels" 01-31-2019.

HP Recommended

Print the toner-cartridge status,

LCD control panel
1. On the product control panel, press the Setup button.
2. Open the following menus:
● Reports
● Supplies status
3. Use the arrow keys to select Print Supplies status page, and then press the OK button.

then scan and upload here.

Regards
Andreas

HP Recommended

Supplies status:

pages left: 800

Fill level: OK

pages printed 1331

Date of installation: 20120101

Last used: 20120101

Something is strange with the dates: the device was installed around 2016, last used maybe 6 months ago.

HP Recommended

Yes, I need the print of the supplies status, remember message 5 

Regards
Andreas

HP Recommended

Sorry, please see message 6, where I delivered the supplies status. The message was edited by MOD who removed the serial number.

HP Recommended

I have meanwhile connected the printer to a PC (WIn10 Pro). Have downloaded the latest software

LJPro_MFP_M125-126_full_solution_15310.exe

Tried to install but it aborts at 99%. I get an error msg for "HP Scan". Repeated the install, to no avail.

HP Software Assistant says software update 15.0.15309.1315 needed (which seems to be a previous version).

Tried as well the firmware update

HP_M125_126_FW_Update_20200531.exe

which does not start due to "a problem discovered".

So is it safe to assume there is a hardware fault?

Printing is working ok BTW.

Regards 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.