Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
Laserjet Pro MFP M127fn
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Printer will not scan or copy. When trying to scan or copy the word calibration shows up in display and then printer does nothing.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi  @larock,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! I understand that you are having issues copying and scanning. I will certainly do my best to help you. If this helps you to reach a solution, please click the "Accept as Solution" button down below in this message. If you wish to say thanks for my effort to help, click the " Thumbs Up " to give me a Kudos. :generic:

I would do a hard reset to see if that will resolve the issue.
Leave the printer on and unplug the power cable from the printer and wall outlet for 60 seconds.
Then reconnect the power cable to the printer and wall outlet rather than a surge protector.
This ensures the printer is receiving full power and may help this situation.

Please keep the scanner lid open and then press the copy button.

Check if the scanner bulb glows.

Also to see if the scanner moves freely across the glass.

Please try the steps listed in the document, for your connection type. If you can now copy but can't scan a document.

Are you also getting the calibration message, when you are trying to print a document?

How is the printer connected?

What were the results when you ran the Print and Scan Doctor?

Please let me know the results and if there is anything else I can help you with. Thank you.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Hard reset did not fix problem. Bulb does not light and does not move across the flatbed. Printing is ok no message, only when trying to copy or scan. Printer is connected to network. Print and Scan doctor provides no info and just loops back to beggining.

HP Recommended

Hi @larock,

It looks like a hardware issue with the scanner. Please Contact HP Support for further assistance to have the printer serviced. Fill in the model number and the form to receive a case number for quicker assistance. Thank you.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

i have the same problem and the scanner cannot move across the glass

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.