Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP Scanjet G3110
Other

01-28-2020 UPDATE:  macOS Catalina 10.15.3 contains the fix for this issue.  Once the macOS is updated you can scan from the glass and ADF as normal. See also the recommended solution below.

HP Recommended Solution: HP Easy Scan is not currently supported in macOS Catalina (Update: macOS 10.15.3 contains fix)  Click here

Hi,

will my old (but still working fine) Scanjet G3310 get a driver which is compatible to MacOs Catalina? Right now (Catalina public beta 7) I only get the message "failed to open a connection to the device" if i want to use HP Easy scan.

As a workaround Vuescan works, but I would prefer to use HP easy scan.

Thanks for some information 

Greets

Thomas

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

01-28-2020 UPDATE:  macOS Catalina 10.15.3 contains the fix for this issue.  Once the macOS is updated you can scan from the glass and ADF as normal.

@Thomylee, Welcome to HP Support Community!

Yes, there should be an HP Easy Scan version released for the new Mac OS.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

51 REPLIES 51
HP Recommended

01-28-2020 UPDATE:  macOS Catalina 10.15.3 contains the fix for this issue.  Once the macOS is updated you can scan from the glass and ADF as normal.

@Thomylee, Welcome to HP Support Community!

Yes, there should be an HP Easy Scan version released for the new Mac OS.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

TEJ1602

Many thanks but where can I find it?

EJC

HP Recommended

Exactly where do we find this new version for MacOS 15 (Catalina) ?

HP Recommended

Still waiting to know how to upgrade my Easyscan app.  It's now October 11th.

I am beginning to regret upgrading my Mac OS.

HP Recommended

If you use the Apple Image Capture instead as someone else suggested it works great and I really didn't find it to be an inconvenience. I keep it at my dock and just use it instead. It is found in your applications folder. Open it and click on details and then select how you want it to scan. 

HP Recommended

If you use the Apple Image Capture instead as someone else suggested it works great and I really didn't find it to be an inconvenience. I keep it at my dock and just use it instead. It is found in your applications folder. Open it and click on details and then select how you want it to scan. 

HP Recommended

Where is this driver you say is available to be found. If its not yet available when will it be?

Thanks

HP Recommended

Image capture is located in your Applications folder

HP Recommended

Unfortunately not working. I just get an error message "704". But Vuescan is working fine.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.