Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
OfficeJet 8012
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The OfficeJet 8012 doesn't have two-sided ADF scan. But its Scan software has the dropdown option "2-sided (manual)".

Does this option actually work, or it's just A LIE?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for using the HP Support Community.

It does work!  Assumed you have installed the HP FULL Software solution.

Check out these examples on how to do that and you will see that it will automatically  reorder the pages!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drV-FlTXJMU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTzpBommcuw

Hope that helps!

I am an HP Employee. Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.
Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

HP Recommended

If it doesn't work by following the steps suggested by @greenturtle above, please let us know the exact behavior, what steps are taken and what happens in the process, to better understand of any possible cause.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

It does not work. It scans one sided then stops and lets me save. Period.

In the meantime ADF scanning broke anyway - it ONLY scans from the glass even after restarting the printer and even reinstalling on BOTH the computers (the printer says "document loaded" so it's not like it doesn't know there's stuff in ADF), so I'm just sending the piece of garbage back.

Thank you for your efforts though.

HP Recommended

Wait, please.. I did added my comment for a reason as suspected you will describe above behavior due to an OS update.

Let’s try below steps, I believe this should help:

• From the Start menu click the Gear icon, select Apps and uninstall the HP Basic Device Software for your printer.
  • From the search bar type CMD, right-click on Command Prompt and select Run as Administrator.
  • Copy the following command, then right-click the Command Prompt dialog and select Paste, then press Enter till any command completes
  • processing:
    takeown /f %windir%\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository /r /d y
    icacls "%windir%\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository" /grant %username%:(OI)(CI)F /T
    for /d %G in ("%windir%\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\hpesclscan*") do rd /s /q "%~G"
    takeown /f %windir%\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository /A /r /d y
  • If your PC language is not in english, please change y for the takeown command (the first and last command to its corresponding value for yes, such as j for Dutch or o for French
  • Download and install the latest HP Basic Device Software for your printer as necessary:
    https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/printers

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Thank you but I already sent it back. I'm too old for spending my last days of life fixing HP software installations. Let your software dept test THEMSELVES the OS updates, thank you.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.