Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
Hp envy 4520
Android 6.0 Marshmallow
How can I scan multiple documents into one PDF. Thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @MarioClement23,

I reviewed the post comprehensively. You've displayed terrific attitude, splendid technical competence and immense resolve to try and get the issue fixed. Kudos to you for a job well done.

Please try the HP scan and capture app and check if you get those options. The scan and capture app is downloadable from the Google Play Store. If you have it uninstall it and reinstall it and check again.

If this does not work, then please try the HP smart app from this link:http://hp.care/2t6hP6w it gives you steps on how to download, install and use it with FAQs

After this, if it still does not work, then it is a limitation of the Android OS because technically it works with Windows and MAC. You will need to scan them as individual files and find a third party software to combine these files or pages into one file from the Google Play Store as a workaround.

That might do the trick for you. You've been simply fabulous to work with and It has been an absolute privilege to share this platform with you. 🙂 Trust me, I've done all I can to assist you, by keeping your best interest in mind. I honestly hope the product works great and stays healthy for a long time. 🙂

If this helps, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others and please give the same post a Kudos for my efforts to help. Please remember if you as a customer do it, it will motivate us to assist a lot of other customers and churn out more solutions for their benefit.

Thanks and have a beautiful year ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @MarioClement23,

Thanks for stopping by the HP community. A very good day to you. 🙂 I reviewed the post regarding scanning multiple pages of a document and save it to a single file. I will be delighted to assist you here.

Superb description and stupendous diagnosis of the issue before posting. Kudos to you for that. 🙂 You are a valued HP customer and it is paramount to assist you with it. I take it as a privilege to share this platform with you. 🙂

First off, to assist you better, I would require more information regarding this.

• Which app are you try to scan from?
  • Have you tried windows scan and capture?
  • Please perform these steps correctly.
  • First, place a document on the flatbed and scan it.
  • Please do not save the file.
  • Instead, remove the scanned document, place the second page and click on the plus sign on the lower left corner to add to the already scanned image.
  • Then repeat the steps by placing subsequent pages and clicking on the plus sign.
  • The trick is to place the page and click on the plus sign on the lower left corner.
  • Then save the file by giving it a name. This should do the trick for you.

Please download  HP scan and capture from this link to scan

Please check this link on how to scan and it will display the plus sign on the lower left comer.

Here is a resolution for a different printer that might help.

Scan a multiple page document with an HP Photosmart 5510 -  Link1  The steps should be relevant for you printer also.

Here are other forum links for the same issue that might help.

• Link 1:  How can I scan multiple pages into one pdf file with my HP Officejet 5740 printer: http://hp.care/2fBbhbF 

• Link 2: How to scan multiple pages into one document  http://hp.care/2fBC1IW
  • Although these links are for different printers, the steps are relevant to your printer also.

Hope this helps. Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Upbutton to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care now and have a terrific week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Thanks. Perhaps the problem is that I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S5 smartphone with the hp 4520. I'm also using the hp smart software that I downloaded. The problem is that I don't see a + (plus) icon to add pages.
HP Recommended

Hi @MarioClement23,

I reviewed the post comprehensively. You've displayed terrific attitude, splendid technical competence and immense resolve to try and get the issue fixed. Kudos to you for a job well done.

Please try the HP scan and capture app and check if you get those options. The scan and capture app is downloadable from the Google Play Store. If you have it uninstall it and reinstall it and check again.

If this does not work, then please try the HP smart app from this link:http://hp.care/2t6hP6w it gives you steps on how to download, install and use it with FAQs

After this, if it still does not work, then it is a limitation of the Android OS because technically it works with Windows and MAC. You will need to scan them as individual files and find a third party software to combine these files or pages into one file from the Google Play Store as a workaround.

That might do the trick for you. You've been simply fabulous to work with and It has been an absolute privilege to share this platform with you. 🙂 Trust me, I've done all I can to assist you, by keeping your best interest in mind. I honestly hope the product works great and stays healthy for a long time. 🙂

If this helps, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others and please give the same post a Kudos for my efforts to help. Please remember if you as a customer do it, it will motivate us to assist a lot of other customers and churn out more solutions for their benefit.

Thanks and have a beautiful year ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Thanks, it worked.
HP Recommended

Hi @MarioClement23,

I am glad that the issue has been resolved. You've displayed commendable temperament and excellent troubleshooting skills to try and resolve the issue. Kudos to you for a job well done. 🙂  It has been a genuine pleasure to have worked with you. Finally, we worked as a team to hit the nail on its head.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as Accepted Solution as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care and have a blessed week ahead. 🙂

Cheers!

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.