5 3 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Solved!

Multiple scanner options

HP Recommended
Envy 5546
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a HP Envy 5546 printer / scanner that is shared between 2 PCs over a wireless network.  Printing is fine from both machines and scanning works OK from one (mine) but I am having problems setting up the scanner from the second  (my wifes). 

On my machine, I have an icon on the desktop that goes to "C:\Program Files (x86)\HP\HP Scan Extended\bin\HPScan.exe".  I spent a long time on the telephone recently to a HP support technician who remotely accessed both machine and tried to set up my wife's machine and we eventually managed to get a desktop icon to link to

"C:\Program Files (x86)\HP\HP ENVY 5540 series\bin\HPScan.exe", which is subtly different.  However, as a result of the various tests, installations and reinstallations of the printer software, when my wife clicks on this link, she gets the option of 5 different scanners, only one of which actually works, which is most inconvenient.  The support technician didn't know how to delete the unwanted four scanners.  Please see the screen dump below.

HP scanner.jpg

Can anyone please help me to delete the unwanted scanners?

Regards and TIA

Phil

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
12,982 12,959 1,019 986
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Phil_g3swh, Welcome to HP Support Community!

Follow the steps below-

• Go to the device manager.
  • Select Imaging devices and remove all the other entries which are duplicate or extra

I hope that answers your concern adequately. Let me know!

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
5 3 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for the response and suggestion, which has worked perfectly.

Regards

Phil

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation