Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

My HP All-In-One Scanner is ruining my original documents.

HP OfficeJet Pro 8620
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, I started having a problem with my automatic document feeder on my OfficeJet All-In-One Printer. When I go to scan or copy something using the feeder, the ORIGINAL document comes out with a thick, vertical gray line or band in the top center of the page, ruining it. I tried cleaning the feeder, but it didn't work and I'm still getting the gray line! What's the problem and what can I do to fix it? I use this for homework and I copy my textbook pages. I can't afford to have them look like that!

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15
12,227 12,179 1,225 2,862
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi,

Thanks for using the HP Support Community.

This resource might be able to help you.

Hope that helps!

I am an HP Employee
Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Please click “Kudos Thumbs up” as an encouragement and “Accept as solution” if this has helped solved your problem.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

It’s not the glass, or the PRINTED COPY that has that problem. It’s the ORIGINAL DOCUMENT coming through the **automatic document feeder** The original document is messed up after copying it. It works fine when scanning on the glass. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15
12,227 12,179 1,225 2,862
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi @PrincessLida 

The video is showing where to clean for ADF issues.

You need to clean the glass strip area as indicated in the video, not the  scan glass.

Hope that helps!

I am an HP Employee
Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Please click “Kudos Thumbs up” as an encouragement and “Accept as solution” if this has helped solved your problem.
0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation