Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mariarositav
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My Officejet 3830 won't scan from the glass and won't scan from the printer/scanner itself

OfficeJet 3830
macOS 10.15 Catalina

All of my software is up to date as of today. I also have done a hard restart on the printer as well as my laptop. I have aligned everything and checked my connection.

My scanner won't print from the device itself and won't scan from HP Easy Scan. It keeps saying that the feeder is empty. There is a card on the glass in the appropriate place  for scanning and it won't recognize it. I was also easily able to copy this card and it printed out perfectly well.

1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
4,964 4,956 316 364
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My Officejet 3830 won't scan from the glass and won't scan from the printer/scanner itself

@mariarositav, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

HP Easy Scan, it is not yet compatible with macOS 10.15 Catalina. Refer to this document for more info.

HP is working with Apple to release an updated version for macOS 10.15.

You may use Apple Image Capture until an updated version of HP Easy Scan is released.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation