Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended

I have the printer set up in a home network as an ip device, using two coputers with Windows 7 (one 32 one 64 bit).  The manual fax function worked fine for over a year, but now after the warranty is expired this occurs:

Once in a while, the manula fax will work, but it's most common operation is to scan in the first 1/2 page, then the printer shuts down and reboots itself.  When trying to do it over, or send another fax, the Fax storage is full error comes up.  I empty the stored faxes, but continue to see the same thing happen repeatedly.  Manually powering the printer down and back one sometimes allows the sending of another fax, but most often, not.

I can scan, I can print without errors, so I don't suspect power problems (but...).  If anything, I'm thinking the fax PCA, or where the memory for the stored faxes resides may be the problem.

ANy help?

I'm great at pulling electronics apart, but haven't had my hands inside many printers, so I'm weak on my component knowledge here.

Thanks in advance.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi, I have an iMac and got our 2320 after we purchased the iMac (almost 3 years ago).  There's been some changes and I don't know if any of them affected our fax machine.  We got a new Toshiba phone system several months ago (we can now use our fax line to call out & fax), have to use our local area code when dialing local numbers (started this maybe 3 months ago), and I also downloaded Snow Leopard for my iMac.   Seems like now whenever we're trying to receive a fax, it shuts down and reboots.  Our phone tech unplugged and plugged back in and it started receiving faxes for a little bit, but now same problem with new additional one - when I try to fax something out it shuts down and reboots.  I have unplugged the phone line and finally got the 2320 to reboot (after numerous times shutting off) so I can at least print & scan for the office.  I hope somebody sees and has an answer for us.  Thanks for your post!

Belinda Wildcat, PLS, CLA
HP Recommended

We have had this printer HP CM2320nf for close to 3 years and since the beginning had this problem where the memory filled up and we could not send or receive faxes until I reset the machine.

We have contacted HP but the customer service (from India) could not figure out the problem and then they wanted $40 for helping. We are really upset that we got this expensive problematic fax/printer and would not recommend it to anyone.

Lately I was trying to figure out if by adding memory the problem would go away, if anyone knows please let me know.

Thanks 

P.S. This is how to reset the machine HP CM2320nf shut it off then hold down the X key and the right arrow key together and while you hold it restart it continue holding those buttons until it says 'Permanent Storage Init.' approximately 30 seconds. Just be aware that your phone book will delete.

HP Recommended

We have the same exact problem with this model. We were able to fax 250 pages and then it stopped working. 

HP-- HOW DO WE FIX THIS PROBLEM??

HP Recommended
Gwneedshelp's ps post (last paragraph) permanent storage init has resolved the issue I had with the machine rebooting when trying to send faxes.
HP Recommended
I did it on an hp cm1312nfi but the directions were the same. Happy to have the machine fixed. Thanks.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.