Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP LaserJet pro mfpM281cdw
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

When i choose Scan from my HP Smart menu and have a document in the ADF, it will not load the page or pages.  When i choose copy, it pulls in the pages.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@TerriSF, Welcome to HP Support Community!

Follow the steps below to scan using the document feeder on the printer-

1. From the HP Smart app home screen, click the Scan tile.

The Scan window opens.

2. From the Scan window, change settings such as document type (document or photo), page size, output type, source, resolution, and compression to match the scan job, and then click Scan 

A preview of the scan displays.

Example of a scanned photo

3. On the preview screen, click Edit, and then make any changes with the app editing tools, such as crop or rotate. You can also click and hold one of the blue dots to manually adjust the border.

An editable preview of the scan displays in the Edit window.

Example of an editable scan

4. When you complete the edits, click Apply.

The Result window displays any changes to the scan.

5. From the Result window, you can print, rename, save, share, or add pages to the scan:

• Print: Send the scan job to your printer.

• Rename: Change the name of your file before saving or sharing it.

• Save: The default save location for scanned documents is the Documents folder and the Pictures library for scanned photos. Save the scan in the default location or browse to a different folder.

• Share: Send the scan job in an email, share via social media accounts such as Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram, or save the scan in a cloud storage account, such as Box or OneDrive. You can also look for other apps in the Windows Store.

• Add a page: Add one or more pages to the current scan job.

6. After you save or share the scan job, click OK.

Refer to the document HP Printers - Install and Use the HP Smart App (Windows 10) under the section Scan a document or photo from your printer for a video demonstration of the same.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.