06-17-2019 09:22 AM
My HP Envy 7645 is no longer picking up automatically. I checked all the programming features and it still doesn't work.
06-19-2019 12:27 PM
Thank you for posting your query on HP Community,
Let's try to check if there is a printer icon in Devices and Printers. If found one then let's try to set that printer icon as Default.
To set the printer as Default.
- Touch or click Start.
- Touch or click Control Panel.
- Touch or click Devices and Printers.
- Touch and hold or right-click the desired printer.
- Touch or click Set as default printer.
In case if there is no printer icon then the next option would be to uninstall the printer from the root level and then reinstall it by following the steps below.
Please ensure you close all the programs, restart the computer and the printer.
- Press “Windows key” + “r” to get the “Run” window.
- Type "services.msc" to get Services – Go to “Print spooler” – Right-click and “Stop” the service.
- Now again open "Run" - Type “spool” and ok - Go to PRINTERS folder - delete everything in that folder.
- Go to services again - Start the print spooler.
- Now check for issue resolution.
- If the issue persists, also try clean installing the printer drivers. Here are the steps:
- First, unplug the USB cable from the printer if present.
- Go to Control panel – Programs and feature – Select all the HP Envy printer entries and uninstall them.
- Now go to Control panel – Devices and printer – Select all the printer entries and remove the device.
- Press the "windows key" + "r" to get the "Run" window open - Type "printui.exe /s" (There is a space between .exe & /) and press enter.
- Under print server properties, go to drivers - remove any entry there as well.
- Again, go to the Run window, type – “c:/programdata” – Go to Hewlett Packard folder, remove any printer related folders & files.
- Restart your computer.
- Please click here to download and install the software.
- Connect the USB cable if prompted and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
Let me know how it goes for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee