Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended

My scanner says it is busy. I booted it but it still will not clear. How do I get it cleared of a task.

It says wait until the scanner is ready

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

What printer/scanner is it? What operating system? Is it connected wireless or USB? Does it print or copy without issue?

007OHMSS

I was a support engineer for HP.

If the advice resolved the situation, please mark it as a solution. Thank you.
HP Recommended

When attempting to scan manually, I get a scanner busy message.

When attempting to scan from app, I get a scanner failure message.

Using: HP Office Jet G85xi with Windows 7 64bit

Tried updating driver - didn't change anything

If I print a blank page, it will scan but not consistant. Mostly reads scanner failure, shut down

The printer works fine.

HP Recommended

Hmmm, from those answers, I am guessing that when you try a copy manually, it also fails with the scanner busy message?

If that is the case, take a look at the steps in this scan error document:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00587971

007OHMSS

I was a support engineer for HP.

If the advice resolved the situation, please mark it as a solution. Thank you.
HP Recommended

For the last 2 days when I try to scan, both from my MacBook Pro as well as manually, I get the message "The scanner is busy", followed by another message, in brackets:  (com.apple.ImageCaptureCore error -9930.) 

Model HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 4625

OS X 10.8.5

Connected wireless

I can print and copy without issues.

HELP !!!! Thank you, Jocelyn Caminero

HP Recommended

For the last 2 days when I try to scan, both from my MacBook Pro as well as manually, I get the message "The scanner is busy", followed by another message, in brackets:  (com.apple.ImageCaptureCore error -9930.) 

Model HP Deskjet 6600

OS X 10.8.5

Connected wireless

I can print and copy without issues.

HP Recommended

My HP Photosmart 7520. Message from printer states that "Software for this device could noot be launched. The device is not connected or is busy."

HP Recommended

I have the HP Photosmart 7520 and it does print and copy withut issue.

HP Recommended

While attempting to scan I receive the following message. " Software for this device could not be launched. The device is not connected or is busy".

I scan with a HP Photosmart 7520 printer and use a Windows 7XP Prpfessional computer. The printer prints normally

HP Recommended

My HP Photosmart 7520 - unable to scan. Mesage -"The scanner is not connected or busy. How can this be fixed?"

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.