Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 8720
Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan

Please someone help 🙂  I just got a new Officejet Pro 8720 and set up a new email address that is specifically for my printer/scanner so I can print and scan directly to the machine through the email address ending in "______ @hpeprint.com".  When I try to use this HP email address as my outgoing email to be used when scanning to email, the system is asking me for the SMTP server and port number, however, I have no idea where to find that information.  So, I have temporarily set up the scan to email function using my personal hotmail account (since I have the SMTP server info) but I don't want to keep it that way.  Can anyone tell me how to find the SMTP server name and port number for these printer email addresses?  Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@MMcGovern27

Welcome to the HP Forums. I would be happy to help you with your HP Officejet Pro 8720 printer. I understand that you are unable to use HP ePrint option on your HP Officejet 8720 printer and you have already done some preliminary troubleshooting. 

Perform a hard reset on the printer.

• Remove the power cable from the printer when it is turned on.
  • Remove all other cables you have connected any.
  • Press and hold the printer power button for 60secs.
  • Connect the power cable to the printer and directly to wall outlet.
  • Turn on the printer.
  • And click here and follow the steps to setup ePrint.

Let me know how it goes.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have actaully been able to set up the e-scan option, but I had to use my personal email address ending in @hotmail.com.  What I am trying to do is set up the e-scan so that when I scan a document into the feeder, it will email a PDF attachment to me, but I want it to say that the email is from the printer's own email ending in @hpeprint.com .  In order for me to do that, I need the SMTP server and port number for the email address ending in @hpeprint.com.  Do you know where I can find this information?

HP Recommended

Hello, @MMcGovern27

I see that you were interacting with @sandytechy20. I'd like to jump in with some instructions 😉

Going through your post, I see that you are trying to setup the "Scan to email" feature using the HP ePrint email address. I am afraid that scanning to HP ePrint email address is not a viable option.

HP ePrint is a secure cloud-based service that lets you print from anywhere with an active Internet connection. This is but not used to Scan the documents because the HP printer ePrint address is simply programmed to print whatever is sent to the particular email address. 

If you would like to save the scanned documents somewhere other than your personal email address, then I suggest using the Google drive account. This will save the scanned items to the google drive and you can access them from anywhere with the web access.

You can get the detailed instructions here: http://hp.care/2qGqlX3 

Let me know if that helps!

Have a great day 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

good afternoon.
I want to be able to scan in a multifunctional hp and be able to send the file to the mail of another HP printer that is only a printer, the difference is that the other one is laser and not the multifunctional one, it is to avoid sending the file to my mail and send it to the printer's mail to print.
Deso that the function to scan and send to the mail send me directly to the mail of my printer@hpeprint.com, how do I set it?
Thank you very much for your help.

HP Recommended

So I am trying to use my 8715 to scan a document and to send that PDF to email addresses.  The issue is that the outgoing email system asks for SMTP and SMTP port - I have no idea what those are.  My system is all wireless and it should be easier than this - I should be able to scan a document and then say email to XYZ@abc.com ... but that is not working.

HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue by clicking here.
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire: 
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about posting in the community, please feel free to send me a private message!

Thank you

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.