Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HPLaserJet Pro MFP MQ77dw
macOS 10.15 Catalina

Help - I just upgraded my desktop Mac to Catalina OS and now my HP Laser jet will not scan from flatbed, only automatic document feeder.  I am about to scan a large quantity of old family photos and need the flatbed scanner to work.  Are there any solutions?

Edit - here is the new workaround, thanks to Apple Tech  Support!

- Go to System Preferences and select Printers and Scanners

- Choose the HP printer

- Click on the Scan option

-  Click on Open Scanner

- Click Show Details to select image detection, DPI, colour, name of scanned document etc

- Choose destination for scan to be saved

SCAN

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi, I just got off the phone to Apple Tech support and they gave me the following work around which suits  me better than Apple Image Capture and may work better for other users as well

- Choose the HP printer

-  Click on Open Scanner

- Click Show Details to select image detection, DPI, colour, name of scanned document etc

SCAN

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

Use Image Capture as a workaround, HP Easy Scan is not currently supported on Catalina:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c06455960

You may set the Size as Bound Items, so it will crop multiple items from the Flatbed Glass.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Thanks I am not sure that will not work for me, as I need to be able to adjust the DPI.    I am scanning  a large number of photos from family albums.  Do you know if Image Capture has this feature?

Very disappointed that HP is so slow updating its software.

Also very disappointed that it did not seem to email all its customers and tell  them not to upgrade to Catalina.   It has our emails!

HP Recommended

Hi, I just got off the phone to Apple Tech support and they gave me the following work around which suits  me better than Apple Image Capture and may work better for other users as well

- Choose the HP printer

-  Click on Open Scanner

SCAN

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.