Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
Laser Jet Pro 200 color M276nw
macOS 10.12 Sierra

As described in the subject line...

Is there a way to restore the OCR capability (that worked just fine before)?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@FB77

This is a great location to get assistance! I read your post and see that you want to restore the OCR capability. I would like to help you resolve this issue. 

• Download and install the HP Easy Scan app (in English) from the App Store.
  • Place the document or photo printed side down on the scanner glass, then close the scanner lid.
  • In HP Easy Scan, select your printer name from the Scanner drop down menu.
  • Select your scan type from the Presets menu.
  • Click Scan.
  • Click Scan Next Item to add additional pages, or click Done.
  • Click the thumbnail version of the scanned item in the left panel. The item displays in the right preview pane.
  • Click Edit to adjust colors, straighten the scan, or crop the size.
  • To save your scans to a folder on the Mac, click Send in the bottom right corner of the window, then click Folder.
  • In the window that displays, click the Where menu to browse to the folder you want to save the file to, then click Save.
  • Before changing change the format anything other than PDF.

Refer the area highlighted in yellow in the below picture.

Let me know how it goes.

I hope it helps and if you feel I have answered your question and concerns,

Please mark this post as a solution accepted and Kudos would also be appreciated.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@FB77

This is a great location to get assistance! I read your post and see that you want to restore the OCR capability. I would like to help you resolve this issue. 

• Download and install the HP Easy Scan app (in English) from the App Store.
  • Place the document or photo printed side down on the scanner glass, then close the scanner lid.
  • In HP Easy Scan, select your printer name from the Scanner drop down menu.
  • Select your scan type from the Presets menu.
  • Click Scan.
  • Click Scan Next Item to add additional pages, or click Done.
  • Click the thumbnail version of the scanned item in the left panel. The item displays in the right preview pane.
  • Click Edit to adjust colors, straighten the scan, or crop the size.
  • To save your scans to a folder on the Mac, click Send in the bottom right corner of the window, then click Folder.
  • In the window that displays, click the Where menu to browse to the folder you want to save the file to, then click Save.
  • Before changing change the format anything other than PDF.

Refer the area highlighted in yellow in the below picture.

Let me know how it goes.

I hope it helps and if you feel I have answered your question and concerns,

Please mark this post as a solution accepted and Kudos would also be appreciated.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks!

I seen now that in the Format menu, you can choose 'Serachable PDF' (which seemed to be the default before).

This resolves my issue.

HP Recommended

@FB77

Thanks for the reply.

Good to know that issue is fixed.

Feel free to contact us in future if you need any assistance.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.