Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 6810
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I cannot scan to my computer and do not have the manage scan to my computer option/icon in my HP Printer Assistant.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@RMachovec

Welcome to HP Forums, 

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips, 

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂 

As I understand you are unable to scan to computer using the printer control panel,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

Are you scanning a photo or a document?

Did you check the scan settings after installing the full feature software?

While you respond to that, here's what you need to know:

Step 1: Prepare to scan from the printer to the computer

Before scanning from the printer, make sure that the HP full-feature software is installed on the computer and that the printer is connected to the computer with a USB cable or over your wired or wireless network.

1. Make sure that the full-feature software is in the list of installed programs on the computer. If you do not find an HP folder or your printer name in the list, go to HP Drivers & Downloads to install the software for your printer model and computer operating system.

2. Turn on the printer, and then make sure that it is connected to the computer with a USB cable or via your wired or wireless network connection.

3. For network printers installed on computers running Windows, open the HP software, click Scanner Actions, click Manage Scan to Computer, and then click Enable.

Step 2: Load the photo or document

You can scan from the scanner glass or from the Automatic Document Feeder (ADF) tray.

CLICK HERE FOR MORE STEPS AND INSTRUCTIONS.

(by the end of this document, all the issues should be resolved)

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful, 

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

That'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Correct - I am trying to scan a document to my computer from the printer control panel.

I recently changed from a samsung laptop to a surface pro 4 and with the change, i no longer have the function available.

I downloaded the most recent driver from the website and the full feature software, but am not getting the manage scan to computer option in the HP printer assistant.

HP Recommended

@RMachovec

Thank you for responding,

It's great to have you back 😉

To ensure we are on the same page,

Are you using the wireless or wired (USB) connections?

Have you installed the full feature software on the new laptop without any trouble?

That said, have you followed the below steps:

1. Turn on the printer, and then make sure that it is connected to the computer with a USB cable or via your wired or wireless network connection.

2. For network printers installed on computers running Windows, open the HP software, click Scanner Actions, click Manage Scan to Computer, and then click Enable.

Once done the issue should be resolved, if it doesn't, I recommend you Contact HP for further assistance:

HP Technical Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: http://h22207.www2.hp.com/us-en/?openCLC=true

(1) Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.

(2) Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.

(3) Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.

(4) Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get the phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

They will be happy to assist you immediately. 

If the unit is under warranty repair services under the manufacturer's warranty will be free of charge.

If I have helped you resolve the issue, 

Feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon 

Followed by clicking on 'Accepted as Solution' 

And Have a great day ahead!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

The embedded link to "HP Drivers and Downloads" when clicked gives an error message.

HP Recommended

Have HP477dwMFP, running Windows 10, no longer have Manage Scan to Computer option.  Any solution out there?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.