Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
Deskjet 3510
macOS 10.15 Catalina

"Simple" issue... there is no option to choose "Black & White" as a "Mode" when scanning... only "Grayscale" and "Color". Editing Options after scanning doesn't offer anything as well.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thanks for replying @JimR33

Have you tried the HP Smart app or the Image Capture? 

Please refer to this document - HP Printers - How to Scan (Mac)

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@JimR33 The new update seems to have fixed issues with the HP Easy scan:

Please update the MacOS as follows:

1. Click the Apple menu, then click System Preferences.
  2. Click on Software Update.
  3. Download and install the latest version of MacOS 10.15 on 10.15.3
  4. Then, try scanning with HP Easy Scan.

FOR DETAILS & FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS, USE THIS LINK: CLICK HERE

(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I am running 10.15.3. The problem is not corrected with this version.

HP Recommended

@JimR33

Please update HP Easy Scan using these steps - 

Open HP Easy Scan. On the upper bar, click HP Easy Scan, click Check for Updates, and then install any available updates.

Checking for updates in HP Easy Scan

Also, try scanning using HP Smart app. Refer to this document for steps - HP Printers - Install and Use the HP Smart App (Mac)

If the issue still persists, try re-installing the printer driver - 

1.) Go to 123.hp.com/setup, and then click Download.

2.) After the software downloads, open HP Easy Start.

3.) Click File, and then select Uninstall HP Software... from the menu.

Select Uninstall HP Software...

4.) Read any warnings that display, and then click Continue.

5.) When prompted, type your administrator user name and password.

6.) HP Uninstaller removes all HP printer software previously installed.

7.) If you are reinstalling the HP printer software, click Set Up New Device, and then follow the instructions to install the printer with HP EasyStart.

Let me know how that goes 🙂 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day ahead.

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have tried every combination and permutation of HP Print/Scan drivers and EVERY one ONLY offers Color or Grayscale. The instructions on how to Uninstall are flawed, because the option to Uninstall is grayed out. Can you (from HP) verify and show me a screen shot where an HP Scan application for an HP Deskjet 3510 offers Color/Grayscale/Black & White as options? I have spent an inordinate amount of time trying option after option given flawed instructions. Please offer me a viable solution or simply tell me that I cannot scan in black and white with my new MacBook Air and my HP Deskjet 3510.

HP Recommended

Thanks for replying @JimR33

Have you tried the HP Smart app or the Image Capture? 

Please refer to this document - HP Printers - How to Scan (Mac)

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

The Image Capture application on my Mac did the trick! Thank you!

HP Recommended

Hi @JimR33

That's great! Happy to hear that. If you need further assistance feel free to reach out to us.

Have a great day ahead!

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.