cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
4 2 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

OfficeJet 4650 Stuck in “Service Station Stalled” Loop

HP Recommended

Hello, 

My Officejet 4650 printer has been stuck on this message “Service Station Stalled” after I tried copying a document but then cancelled afterwards. Now, whenever I restart the printer, it would always say that I shut it down incorrectly even though I pressed the power button instead of pulling the cord. Afterwards, the printer would open the output tray and go through its idle motions, with the error “Service Station Stalled” appearing after the sliding mechanism reached the far right side. I can’t tell if it is a software issue or a hardware issue, because:

1) I updated all the drivers and reset the printer to its default settings. 

2)I have not used the printer much, but I checked for paper jams and cleaned the ink cartridge nozzles. The sliding mechanism isn’t getting stuck or anything, just stopping abruptly before fitting into the far right slot and then showing the error message every single time. 

3) I used the HP Print and Scan Doctor app to fix any possible problems, which it apparently did. However, the test print did not work and when attempting to do anything with the printer, it would be either shown as “offline” or “busy”. 

I really don’t know what to do at this point.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
11,713 11,699 646 482
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Viora

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Try a firmware update: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c02919168

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accept as solution" button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
4 2 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello, 

I have already installed the newest updates for my printer. It still remains in the same condition despite all other possible solutions. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
15,201 15,179 1,189 1,174
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Viora

Thanks for replying!

This looks like a hardware issue.

Please reach out to the HP Support in your region regarding the service options for your printer.

Hope this helps!

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
4 2 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi again,

I called the HP Support number and they just told me to buy a new printer. Is there really no way to fully reset the printer (besides factory defaults) and all its commands? Even though the printer queue is empty and the printer spooler is working fine.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation