Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
Office Jet Pro 7740
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello.

Using windows 10 and have installed the drivers and software for my recently purchased Office Jet Pro 7740. I am running it wirelessly.

The problem persists that whenever I go to scan a document in the size 11 x 17....it will only scan 8 x 10. There is no option for an a3 or 11 x 17 size scan. If I choose "scan entire glass" option it still only scans 8 x 10.  I am using the HP Scan program.

I tried to manually enter the 11 x 17 dimensions in the custom scan size option but when I do it reads "the values entered are not supported by this device".

I went to troubleshoot and used scan doctor but the program doesn't recognize anything that is wrong.

This feature is specifically the reason I purchased your product so I would greatly appreciate any help you have to offer...thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @JlanderB and @MC20

Can you ensure that the settings for

1. "Page Size" to be "Auto Detect Size" (or Entire Scan Area)

2. "Source" to be "Flatbed" as shown below.

Edwin Scan flatbedA3_Scan.jpg

Hope that helps!

I am an HP Employee. Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.
Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for using the HP Forums.  Have you installed the FULL feature software?

If not, can you download and install the FULL feature printer software from HP for your operating system:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-officejet-pro-7740-wide-format-all-in-one-printer...

Once you have downloaded and installed the FULL feature software, you will be able to print and scan.

Check to see if the HP scan allows to to scan 11x17?

Hope that helps.

HP Recommended

I did like you said and downloaded from the link you sent. The printer and scanner work fine but there is still no option for me to scan in 11 x 17. Still can only scan as large as 8 x 10. Is there any other solution to this problem you're aware of?

HP Recommended

HI,

Under your "Page SIze" of your Scan software, can yu ensure that you select "Entire Scan Area"?

Example:

Scan Page Size New UI.jpg

Hope that helps!

HP Recommended

Yes I have done that. The entire scan area option only scans up to 8 x 14. There is no way for me to scan 11 x 17. The HP scan program doesn't recognize the command.

HP Recommended

Have just had the same problem with 7740 today, there is a flaw in their software that does not allow 11 X 17 scanning even when "select entire area" is selected, but I did find a workaround until they fix the software.

Download and install the HP Scan and Capture app for Windows 10 from the app store on Windows, then open app and choose Scan Photo and it will then scan 11 X 17 but you can only save it as a jpeg, the scan Document setting in the app does not recognize 11 X 17 so HP need to fix that as well.

HP Recommended

Unfortunately that didn't work for me either. HP Scan and Capture still doesn't scan 11 x 17. Least it worked for you though...hopefully I'll get a solution soon. Thanks anyway.

HP Recommended

Hi @JlanderB and @MC20

Can you ensure that the settings for

1. "Page Size" to be "Auto Detect Size" (or Entire Scan Area)

2. "Source" to be "Flatbed" as shown below.

Edwin Scan flatbedA3_Scan.jpg

Hope that helps!

HP Recommended

Changing the source from "document feeder" to "Flatbed" in HP printer assistant solved my problem! Didn't realize it would be that easy. Thanks Green Turtle!

HP Recommended

Thank you! Was also having this issue. Specifying flatbed worked for me. Thank you again very much.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.