Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
OfficeJet Pro 8023
Other

I just got a OfficeJet Pro 8023 printer and I am having some issues with scanning. Namely I want to scan multiple pages of a document and send them to an email in pdf form. I select scan option -> go to scan to email option -> select document option (not image) -> I select my email from the list of added emaiils and then the only option that I get are for modifying recipients or to scan and send. If I press that button the flatbed scanner scans the document and sends it to my email without ever asking me if I want to add another page. Once it's completed it asks me if I There are also no settings for scan resolution/save format anywhere. According to the manual there should be an option to add another page once it's finished, but there isn't. If I stick multiple documents into the ADF then it will scan all of them and create a multipage pdf as expected, but that's not an option for double sided documents.

I've looked at the settings on the printer and on the HP Smart app for my phone/mac but I can't find any settings for this. I've also updated the printer to the latest firmware.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@r00li, Welcome to HP Support Community!

Have you tried using the HP Smart Tasks feature? If no, try creating smart tasks on the HP Smart App and use them to scan to email or even print. Refer to the document Using Smart Tasks for more information.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

That's not what I am asking though. I don't want to use an app to do this. I am asking why I can't find an option to scan and email a multipage document directly from the printer even though according to the manual this is something that I should be able to do.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Front panel scanning is more limited than

software scanning, for the Scan to Email app you may scan multiple originals from the feeder only, it will not prompt to scan additional pages from the glass.

For such you must use the software on the PC to scan the next pages from the Flatbed Glass, e.g HP Smart or HP Scan, you cannot scan multiple pages from the Flatbed Glass using the Email option from the printer front panel.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Just great. Then why the hell does the manual say that it will? That's a damned lie then.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c06291141

Page 48, point number 8.

And I specifically checked the manual before I bought the damned printer just because I need this function. Damned piece of sh***. It takes forever to turn on, even then needs a while before the menus will even respond properly and then it doesn't even do what I want. Not to mention that there are no settings for scan resolution or if I want it black or white or anything. And even if I use the crappy phone app it will only allow me to scan in 150DPI because reasons... If I wanted to use a computer to do anything I would use my 10 year old USB only printer.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.