Post new question
Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 9 (1,092 Views)
Accepted Solution

Officejet 4500 All-in-One Printer G510h - Can't scan using either HP Solution Centre or the Printer

When I tried to scan document/picture from my desktop with the use of HP Solution Center, upon pressing the button to scan, the printer/scanner did not react but simply go back to Home menu. I did try a few things: reinstall the whole printer driver, reboot the computer, disconnect and restart the printer but the same thing happened again.  When I tried to scan document/picture directly from the printer/scanner, the following error message appeared on the HP Solution Centre:

"An error occurred with the HP Scanning application. Try the following steps, After each step, try scanning again.
- Restart the program,
- Reboot the computer,
- Reinstall the HP Photosmart software that came with the device."

However, there was no HP Photosmart software came with the device.

0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Re: Officejet 4500 All-in-One Printer G510h - Can't scan using either HP Solution Centre or the Prin

Hello,

Please perform the below mentioned steps that should resolve the issue.

Click START > Computer > C :  > Program files > HP > Digital Imaging > Bin > right click on hpscnapp.exe and click SEND TO DESKTOP .

Get back to desktop, then double click on the shortcut icon hpscnapp.exe , it would open the interface to start scanning.

Regards,
Jabzi

Help the community by marking this post .
Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
See a great post? Give it a Kudos!
I work for HP

View solution in context
Regents Professor
Message 2 of 9 (1,086 Views)

Re: Officejet 4500 All-in-One Printer G510h - Can't scan using either HP Solution Centre or the Prin

Hello,

Please download and run the HP Print and Scan Doctor from www.hp.com/go/tools

Regards,
Jabzi

I work for HP

Regards,
Jabzi

Give Kudos to say "thanks" by clicking on the "thumps Up icon" .

Click "Accept as Solution" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Honor Student
Message 3 of 9 (1,074 Views)

Hello  Jabzi,

Thanks for the suggestion.

I run the HP Print and Scan Doctor and error messages were found in the sections of facility condition and HP Twain scan. However, when I did the scan test under the HP Printer Install Wizard for Windows, it indicated that the scanning function seems to be working good.  Normal scanning is still not working. 

Regents Professor
Message 4 of 9 (1,067 Views)

May i know the Operating System ? [ XP / Vista / 7 / 8 ]
Regards,
Jabzi

Honor Student
Message 5 of 9 (1,061 Views)

My operating system is Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

Top Student
Message 6 of 9 (1,053 Views)

i have the same printer. on the printer itself i place the document to be scanned face up top load,hit the ok button on printer arrow right to see scan color,hit green button to scan,also then in your documents folder u can also find my scans if u need it for lster.hope this helps u,please read my need frome handy sandy on faxing from computer i posted it today 9-25-13,if u know anyone can help me out. thanks ask any more questions ill see if i can help

Top Student
Message 7 of 9 (1,051 Views)

my system is windows vista

Regents Professor
Message 8 of 9 (1,045 Views)

Hello,

Please perform the below mentioned steps that should resolve the issue.

Click START > Computer > C :  > Program files > HP > Digital Imaging > Bin > right click on hpscnapp.exe and click SEND TO DESKTOP .

Get back to desktop, then double click on the shortcut icon hpscnapp.exe , it would open the interface to start scanning.

Regards,
Jabzi

I work for HP

Regards,
Jabzi

Honor Student
Message 9 of 9 (1,039 Views)

Many thanks to Jabzi for the solution, the scannng can now be resumed.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation