Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
Officejet 4650 (F1H96A)
macOS 10.14 Mojave

Actually My OS is Catalina 10.15

Recently when using HP Easy Scan and I try to scan using the flatbed as my source the device sends me a error message saying:

Automatic Document Feeder is Empty

No items were detected in the Automatic Document Feeder. Please place your originals into the Automatic Document Feeder and start the scan again.

that there are no documents in the document feeder

if I try scanning from the HP Utility (using the built-in Mac software) I can scan from the flatbed.

I have downloaded and reloaded the HP software and drivers,  I have also edited the presets so that the Source is set to flatbed (not automatic or document feeder),  but the problem persists.

even when I replace the ink cartridges and do the alignment process it won't scan from the flatbed, just saying that the alignment page was not detected.

Has anyone else had this problem? Can anyone help??

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Sottos 
Hello,

MacOS Catalina does not currently support scanning with HP Easy Scan. Scan using Apple Image Capture as a workaround.

For more information, please go to HP Printers - HP Easy Scan Is Not Currently Supported in macOS Catalina.

You can also use HP Smart to scan or print with your printer.

You can also use VueScan x64 but the disadvantage is:
Note that the files you create will have a watermark and this watermark can not be deleted. VueScan is a paid application that is why you would have a watermark on the created documents. The download version is a demo version.
https://www.hamrick.com/alternate-versions.html

The Scan to Computer feature will not work as well now. It is related to the same problem as HP Easy Scan. With VueScan, the Scan to Computer feature will not be available.

MacOS Catalina now supports 32-bit software, drivers, and applications because some older printers and drivers are not updated to 64-bit (this only applies to HP Easy Scan for HP printers).

So macOS Catalina only supports 64-bit applications, software and drivers.

Do not hesitate to contact us if needed.

Regards,:smirking_face:

I'm not an HP employee. Did this message answer your question? Include it below as an Accept As Solution! Did you find this message useful?  Click on the thumbs up set to give a Compliment! Follow us on Facebook Assistance customers HP.

HP Recommended

Thanks.  have a great day 😉

HP Recommended

@Sottos 

Tank you for your return,

I welcome you to the English HP community support.

If my previous answer was favorable to you, thank you to close the subject by clicking on "Accepted as solution" at the bottom of the previous message.

Do not hesitate to contact us if needed

Best regards,

I'm not an HP employee. Did this message answer your question? Include it below as an Accept As Solution! Did you find this message useful?  Click on the thumbs up set to give a Compliment! Follow us on Facebook Assistance customers HP.

HP Recommended

Very helpful. Thanks!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.