02-26-2020 08:31 AM
My All In One Printer stop scanning all of a sudden. The paper loader that pulls the paper to the printer so it can scan is not working. The screen keeps displaying the message "Preparing Scanning" but nothing happens. I also tried scanning using the glass and not the paper feeder and it doesn't work either. Printer is up to date in software/drivers. It is not connected to the computer as it is wireless and always use email as scanning option. Is it time for a new one? 😞
02-28-2020 06:01 PM
Welcome to HP support community.
Check the scanner bar functionality: partially lift the scanner lid, and then press the Copy button or icon. If the scanner light does not illuminate or move across the glass.
Perform a power reset
- Turn on the printer, if it is not already on.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
- Wait at least 30 seconds.
- Plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet and printer without any surge protector.
- Turn on the printer.
You can also refer this HP document for more assistance:- Click here
I hope that helps.
To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.
I am an HP Employee