Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
officejet pro 8028
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Scan to email broken after upgrading to Outlook 2019.

Had Outlook 2013, used the HP scan link, scanned as pdf direct into Outlook 2013.

Upgraded my Office to 2019 and it can't scan to email.

Steps troubleshooting:

Outlook is default email for the PC.

Disable AV and firewall.

Reinstalled drivers and software, still no scan.

Tried scan to pdf doc – saves OK.

Prints ok.

Printer is set on wifi.

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Hi @JJBra

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you with the scan to email. 

I'd suggest you re-configure Scan to Email. Please refer to page# 47 from the User Manual for steps.  

You may also refer to this document - HP Printers - How to Scan (Windows)

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

DIdn't work.

Tried to reconfigure as per the manual, ame results.

The scan to email pop up briefly like it tries to work but won't open in Outlook as it did before.

I did fully reinstall the printer and its rivers.

HP Recommended

Hi @JJBra

Have you tried re-configuring the outlook as well? 

Let me know. 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

How should I do that? Create new email profile or?

HP Recommended

@JJBra

Try these steps -

Update/ repair MS office/outlook by going to the control panel > uninstall program > repair. and then try to setup scan to email 

Also, make sure, Outlook is set as default program:

1.) Open Outlook.

2.) On the File tab, choose Options > General.

3.) Under Startup options, select the Make Outlook the default program for E-mail, Contacts, and Calendar check box.

4.) Click OK.

Keep me posted. 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Did all that and even created a different email Outlook profile to rule that out - still just as broken as before 🙂

HP Recommended

@JJBra

Have you tried an alternate email client and is there a 2-factor authentication setup? 

Let me know. 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

No 2 factor authentication.

I don't care for an alternate client, I have to use Outlook.

HP Recommended

Thanks for trying @JJBra

I'd suggest you Contact HP in your region regarding this issue.

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.