Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended

I recently purchased the Officejet Pro 8600 and fax sending function works fine but it will not receice. Any thoughts why?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi Sheckaman,

Follow the steps in the document below.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02891758

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi Sheckaman,

Follow the steps in the document below.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02891758

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

I tried all of the solutions listed on the document, still with no success but found a link for HP to diagnose problem and it turned out to be my firewall settings were too high. Thank you for your help!!

HP Recommended

Hi Sheckaman,

Glad to hear the issue has been resolved. Have a wonderful day.

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

Any feedback will be much appreciated. Thanks.

HP Recommended

Hi tedcrespo,

Please provide additional details.

1. Problem Description
2. Printer Model
3. Operating System (including service pack revision)
4. Connection Method - USB, Hardwired LAN, Wireless?
5. Error messages - on printer screen and/or computer, any blinking light patterns.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Other-Printing-Questions/Want-Good-Answers-Ask-Good-Questions/m-p/2094

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

Thanks.  I did try all of the optons except using a DSL filter.  I did not have one previously, and the fax worked for almost a year.  Not sure if getting one now will fix it but can try.

HP Recommended

I jumped right to Solution four in the linked document, because it was easier to do then any of the other soluions there. It worked and now it senses incoming faxes again. This seems another instance of "first, try a reboot".

HP Recommended

Hi!

I have closed this thread to help keep the comments timely. If you have more to add, please start a new thread. Click here if you want to learn more about how to start a new conversation/thread.

Please post in a new thread for better exposure. It may also be helpful if you posted a few more details about your computer/printer and your issues.

1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.

If you have any other questions about forum posting, please feel free to send me a private message!

Thank you!"

I work on behalf of HP. I am a Moderator on the HP Support Forums.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.