Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 8610
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, I can't scan with my Officejet Pro 8610 printer.  I've tried to start a scan from the computer and from the printer but the same error message appears each time.

error.jpg

I opened HP Printer Assistant and clicked on "Manage Scan to Computer" and it is enabled.  The checkbox is checked by "Automatically start Scan to Computer when I log on to Windows."

What am I missing? Please help as I don't know what to do 😞

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Welcome to HP Support Forum. Firstly, please download an run the following tool:

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/printers/hppsdr/HPPSdr.exe

It may fix the problem for you. If not, post back full error message(s).

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi,

Welcome to HP Support Forum. Firstly, please download an run the following tool:

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/printers/hppsdr/HPPSdr.exe

It may fix the problem for you. If not, post back full error message(s).

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Problem solved! Scan function works great!! Thank you!

HP Recommended

I tried the latest version of the tool you suggested (HP Print & Scan doctor) but that didnt work. I got the same message.

BTW, when I open the HP Printer Assistant, I do not see a Scan tab (I do see a Print tab) where I can go to Manage Scan to Computer to enable it.

I have restarted the printer, installed HP Scan Extended and tried to run HP Scan Extended, but that came back and said "HP IMaging Device was not found".

I was able to scan by going through the Windows Fax & Scan and scanning to Other Computers -> desktop, but that does not allow me to save the file in pdf format.

I'm on WIndows 10 and have updated the latest drivers.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

HP Recommended

My OfficeJet Pro 8710 is still giving me Printer Not Found error. I tried downloanding this link http://ftp.hp.com/pub/printers/hppsdr/HPPSdr.exe

My printer is still showing my computer Id if i want to scan wirelessly but not connecting. 

Need Help Please??

HP Recommended

The recommendation did not fix the problem.  I will have to try to contact a HP represenative.  The printer will print from the computer but the computer won't accept a scan command.  Very frustrating.

HP Recommended

@red1959

Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue by clicking here.
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire:
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about posting in the community, please feel free to send me a private message!

Thank you

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.