Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
Officejet Pro 8620
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I keep getting message that there is a paper jam in the ADF when there is no paper jam. I've followed all the trouble shooting suggestion with out success.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Roger41 

@Roger41 wrote:

I keep getting message that there is a paper jam in the ADF when there is no paper jam. I've followed all the trouble shooting suggestion with out success.

A7F65A HP Officejet Pro 8620 e-All-in-One Printer

Introduced Mid-Year in 2014

Printer is five years old in April-May of this year (2019)

Having tried everything, I am not sure how we can be of help.

You are correct:  The options to fix the problem are limited.

Known solutions, presented in the order to be completed:

Excerpted

During a print job, the printer stops feeding pages, and a Paper Jam has occurred. Clear the jam, and then press OK error message displays on the printer control panel. This indicates that paper might be jammed inside the printer.
note:
Paper jams can be real or false. The printer might report a paper jam even when there is no jammed paper. The following steps apply to both real and false paper jams.

and Related:

Reference and Resources – Places to find (more) help and learn about your Printer

Printer Homepage – “Things that are your printer”

Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, Videos, Bulletins/Notices, How-to, Troubleshooting, User Guides, Product Information, more

HP Officejet Pro 8620 e-All-in-One Printer series

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a world community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Click Thumbs Up on a post to say Thank You!

Answered? Click post "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Hello Dragon-Fur. Thanks for your reply. I guess I need to find a local repair engineer. 

HP Recommended

@Roger41 

You are welcome.

I recently realized I have had my "much loved" Officejet Pro 8630 since the model was introduced "way back when".

I am starting the search for a replacement.

Good Luck.

We are a world community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Click Thumbs Up on a post to say Thank You!

Answered? Click post "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Hi I thought you might like to know that I've solved my problem. I very simple solution which was to turn the printer upside down and give it a shake. It now works OK.

HP Recommended

@Roger41 

This solution reminds me of (decades past) removing the toner cartridges from our old (then new) laser printers.  We would "give them a shake" and extend the time we could use that cartridge.

I admit I have never lifted, turned over, and "given a good shake" to any printer.

I am glad it worked.

Thanks for posting back.

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.