Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

You are right Kyle, I did miss a can't. 

I meant to say....

I can scan wirelessly via "HP Scan" on my application list, but I can't start the scan from the printer options panel.  However, other people who also have a mac and are running the same software on their computer at my work can start their scans from the printer's option panel.  My computer doesn't even show up on the list of available computers.  We aren't anywhere close to our 15 computer max and I have "Enable Scan to Computer" selected under the "HP Utility" application.

Does that make more sense?

HP Recommended

Yes, that makes a lot more sense.

When you reinstalled the software, did you select the option "HP Recommended Software"? 

Also, how many computers are installed with this printer? Is there a way to scroll the list down?

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
HP Recommended

Kyle, 

Yes, I did choose HP Reccommended software (I downloaded the drivers from the website, as my CD was out of date for the Mac OS X 10.8.3 operating system).

I can scroll down on the printer and view the  list of computers.  There are two mac computers that show up on the printer as available options to scan to.  My computer is also a mac, but it does not show up on the list.

HP Recommended

Alright, my next recommendation is to run the "scrubber", its a little bit more thorough than just uninstalling the software.

To do so, perform the following steps:

1. Go to Applications/Hewlett Packard/ and then click on “HP Uninstaller”

2. Next click “Continue”

3. Highlight the device on the left pane.

4. Press and hold Control+Alt+Cmd on the keyboard simultaneously while you click on “Uninstall”.

5. After you do this, you will see a pop up that asks you if you want to uninstall all HP software. Please note, that in doing this, it will remove any other HP printers that you also have installed.

6. Click “continue” and wait for the program to finish.

7. After it completes, reboot your computer.

Once the computer is back on, do the following steps:

1. Go into “System Preferences” and then select “Print & Fax”

2. Right click (or control+click) in the rectangle listing your printers and then select “Reset Printing System”. This is going to delete all of your printers. 

After you have reset the printing system, go to the following link and download the most recent version of software for your operating system.

HP Officejet Pro Full Feature Software and Driver - Mac OS X 10.6, OS X 10.7, OS X 10.8

Once it is downloaded, install the software. Report back to me and let me know if this takes care of the issue this time.

Best of luck,

Kyle

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
HP Recommended

Hi Kyle, 

I did all that you suggested, but it still isn't working.  Perhaps it is hopeless with this computer 😞

Thank you for your help, though!

HP Recommended

I have no idea 😞 I think I've tried everything under the sun. I contacted someone about this issue who knows a little bit more about how HP printers work with OS X, so If I hear anything back from them I will be sure to let you know. 

Signature
HP Recommended

Thanks Kyle_W.  I really apprecaite it!

HP Recommended

Screen Shot 2013-07-17 at 11.13.24 AM.png

I get this image when I try to open the scanner. Running Mac OSX 10.8.4. When I try uninstalling the printer, it doesn't show up in the HP Uninstaller. I've tried updating, restarting, everything listed. Any other suggestions? I'm on a major time crunch and this is making me want to tear my hair out. 😞

HP Recommended

amariewalker,

Do you also have an Office Jet 8600?

Did you upgrade from OS X 10.7 to 10.8? 

Is the printer connected wirelessly or through USB?

Thanks,

Kyle

Signature
HP Recommended

I have the pro version of the 8600. I am not sure if I upgraded to 10.8 or not...if it was the most recent update then yes, but if it was a paid upgrade, no, it came with the computer. The printer is connected wirelessly, but most said hooking up with USB wasn't successful so that is one option I didn't bother with. Thanks!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.