Post new question
Question

Highlighted
Honor Student
Message 1 of 3 (63 Views)
Accepted Solution

Officejet pro 8620 fails when scanning to memory stick

Product Name: Officejet pro 8620
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

This problem started in the last week apparently after an Windows 10 upgrade. When I select scan to memory stick and insert a memory stick that the computer will read, the HP display window turns blue and briefly displays an error message and then a black and white window appears telling me to reboot the printer. The error code does not remain long enough for me to copy it and appears to change each time I restart the printer. I have been using the printer with Win 10 for a couple years with no problems. Sometimes I see a message saying that the memory stick is read only. I did finally succeed in scanning by unplugging the printer from the computer and using a new memory stickl

0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Re: Officejet pro 8620 fails when scanning to memory stick

Hi,

Thanks for using the HP Forums.

Just a quick check, is the memory stick formatted to FAT32 format?

This resource shows what we're talking about:

Scan to thumbdrive

Also, was there any update to the printer Firmware ?

Thanks.

View solution in context
Provost
Message 2 of 3 (52 Views)

Hi,

Thanks for using the HP Forums.

Just a quick check, is the memory stick formatted to FAT32 format?

This resource shows what we're talking about:

Scan to thumbdrive

Also, was there any update to the printer Firmware ?

Thanks.

I am an HP Employee
Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Please click “Kudos Thumbs up” as an encouragement and “Accept as solution” if this has helped solved your problem.
Honor Student
Message 3 of 3 (39 Views)

Thank you for the quick response. I have never needed to format a thumb drive before using the printer so I'm puzzled that I would need to do so now. As I mentioned, I unplugged the printer from the computer and now I find that after reconnecting the two, I can scan to the thumbdrives (I tried several) in all but one case. I did not format any of them. I'm going to accept your solution.

Again, Thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation