Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
Officejet pro 8620
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

This problem started in the last week apparently after an Windows 10 upgrade. When I select scan to memory stick and insert a memory stick that the computer will read, the HP display window turns blue and briefly displays an error message and then a black and white window appears telling me to reboot the printer. The error code does not remain long enough for me to copy it and appears to change each time I restart the printer. I have been using the printer with Win 10 for a couple years with no problems. Sometimes I see a message saying that the memory stick is read only. I did finally succeed in scanning by unplugging the printer from the computer and using a new memory stickl

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for using the HP Forums.

Just a quick check, is the memory stick formatted to FAT32 format?

This resource shows what we're talking about:

Scan to thumbdrive

Also, was there any update to the printer Firmware ?

Thanks.

I am an HP Employee. Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.
Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for using the HP Forums.

Just a quick check, is the memory stick formatted to FAT32 format?

This resource shows what we're talking about:

Scan to thumbdrive

Also, was there any update to the printer Firmware ?

Thanks.

I am an HP Employee. Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.
Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

HP Recommended

Thank you for the quick response. I have never needed to format a thumb drive before using the printer so I'm puzzled that I would need to do so now. As I mentioned, I unplugged the printer from the computer and now I find that after reconnecting the two, I can scan to the thumbdrives (I tried several) in all but one case. I did not format any of them. I'm going to accept your solution.

Again, Thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.