Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
OfficeJet 8740
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Can we download earlier versions of OfficeJet full webpack?  I want a version with "Scan" tab in the desktop app.  Current downloads seem to force you to scan based on Web Services.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for using the HP Support Community.

Can you download and install the FULL featured printer software from HP for your operating system:
https://support.hp.com/sg-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-officejet-pro-8740-all-in-one-printer-series/790...

Go to "Software -Utility", download "HP OfficeJet Pro 8740 All-in-One Print and Scan Driver and Accessories" and install.

Once you have downloaded and installed the FULL feature software, you will be able to print and scan.

This resource shows you how.

Hope that helps.

I am an HP Employee. Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.
Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

HP Recommended

Wrong answer.  The provided URL does not provide an older version that I need.

HP Recommended

HI @golferwannabe 

Are you looking for the FULL featured software?  The URL has that - look under Software - Utility, the file to download is "HP OfficeJet Pro 8740 All-in-One Print and Scan Driver and Accessories"

That's the latest software available.

Thanks.

I am an HP Employee. Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.
Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

HP Recommended

I don't want "the latest version".  I want an older version before they changed the design and layout.

HP Recommended

Apologies for jumping in unannounced.

@golferwannabe 

The simple answer is:

There are not hidden versions available.

Longer Discussion...

In so much that I am aware:

The Full Feature Software, when fully installed and fully functional, would normally include the HP Scan tab in the Printer Assistant.

Example plate dated March 2019

Printer_Assistant_8740_1Printer_Assistant_8740_1

Regardless,

Dated Dec 12, 2018, the current version is the only version of the software available.

Full Feature / HP OfficeJet Pro 8740 All-in-One Print and Scan Driver and Accessories

If the Full Feature Software is indeed installing without the direct "scan" tab,

If the Full Feature Software is fully functional - this is an important detail -

If the Full Feature Software does include HP Scan software in the printer software hierarchy,

It may be enough to

Create a shortcut for the HP Scan software.

The HP Scan software (subset) is likely located here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\HP\HP OfficeJet Pro 8740 series\bin\HPScan.exe

A shortcut can be made and sent to the Desktop:

Navigate to the folder in which the software is located,

Right-click on the file name > Send to > Desktop

@greenturtle 

Is it possible the oddity is due to the port?

I no longer have my 8740 (it was a loaner) - I have a lot of information on the printer but nothing indicating that the 2018 software was missing anything.  On the other hand, things change.

Sorry for stomping around - this was a favorite printer... Smiling.

Thank you for participating in our HP Community .

We are a world community of volunteers dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.