10-22-2019 11:58 AM
We have a printer/scanner set up on the network in our office, it is USB connected to one computer. On that computer it prints/scans just fine. On a second computer it is set up via the network. That computer prints just fine but shows no scanning options. From the Devices and Printer tab when I right click on that printer it is missing 'Start Scan, Scan Profiles..., and Scan Properties' from the right click menu.
Have uninstalled and re-installed the drivers using the 'full feature' driver from this location: https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-LaserJet-Pro-M1536-Multifunction-Printer-series/...
Need assistance correcting this issue.
10-24-2019 03:52 PM
@CarissaP, Welcome to HP Support Community!
To isolate the issue further, try scanning using the other methods. Here is how you can do it-
Microsoft Paint (All Windows versions): Search Windows for paint, and then open the Paint desktop app. Click File or the menu icon , and then click From scanner or camera.
Windows Fax and Scan (All Windows versions): Search Windows for fax to open the desktop app, and then click New Scan.
If it works fine, we can try a clean uninstallation and reinstallation of the printer drivers. Follow the steps below:
Restart the print spooler and try uninstalling the drivers-
- Press “Windows key” + “r” to get the “Run” window.
- Type "services.msc" to get Services – Go to “Print spooler” – Right-click and “Stop” the service.
- Now again open "Run" - Type “spool” and ok - Go to PRINTERS folder - delete everything in that folder.
- Go to services again - Start the print spooler.
Uninstall the drivers and reinstall them-
1) In Windows, search for and open Programs and features
2) Select your HP Printer
3) Select Uninstall
4) In Windows, search for and open Devices and printers
5) In the Devices and Printers windows look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose ‘Delete’ or ‘Remove Device’
6) Open up the run command with the “Windows key + R” key combo.
7) Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between “printui.exe”
😎 Click on the “Drivers” tab
9) Look for the HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click Remove at the bottom
10) Select Ok
11) Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows
12) Close Devices and Printers.
Now, download and install the full-featured software from here. Continue with the setup and then try scanning.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee