Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
M277DW
Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion

I am attempting to set up the outgoing email Profile and keep getiing user name password incorrect.  Upon review after the error message is retuned I notice that additional  entries are displayed  within the password section  each and every tiem . I have validated that my user name and password are enteted corrertcly . Please advise

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@JMF08

Thank you for the update,

I appreciate your time and efforts,

The extra digits are used as a way to encrypt and mask your password to ensure a secure connection,

Although that should not affect your password in any way.

That said if you still have issue configuring it, perhaps you could watch this video with the step by step guide: Click here

(from the same link i shared earlier).

Keep me posted,

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  Have a great day!

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

@JMF08

Welcome to the HP Forums 🙂

I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers.

As I understand you need assistance in Outgoing EMAIL Profile Setup,

Here's a related HP Forums post that seems to have helped others: Click here

For more steps: Click here

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner,

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply- _ two step verification is already off. Any clue on  why extra digits are being added to teh password section after attempting to test connection ?

HP Recommended

@JMF08

Thank you for the update,

I appreciate your time and efforts,

The extra digits are used as a way to encrypt and mask your password to ensure a secure connection,

Although that should not affect your password in any way.

That said if you still have issue configuring it, perhaps you could watch this video with the step by step guide: Click here

(from the same link i shared earlier).

Keep me posted,

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Excellent - was able to get scan to email working from my office365 account . Still having trouble with Gmail however

HP Recommended

I am having this same issue, using gmail, following all instructions, but still no luck.

turned on access for less secure apps.

having the same issues with letters being added to password when going back in

have even tried setting up a yahoo email account, and using that, but same error message

any ideas would be much appreciated

HP Recommended

Hi @AndrewT1,

Thanks for engaging in HP support Forums! This is a wonderful location to converse with the community, get assistance and find tips! I understand you are having issues setting up email account. Don't worry as I have a few suggestions which should help you resolve this issue.

I see that there is another post related to the same issue, Have you tried the steps suggested in the previous post, If not, please go through the steps and get back to us with the results for further assistance.

Here's the link: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Scanning-Faxing-and-Copying/Outgoing-EMAIL-Profile-Setup/m-p/6517848#M...

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance!

Eagerly waiting for your response!

I hope you have a good day ahead,

And Feel free to ask your queries as this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I'm using a HP 7720. I have sent scans by email using the little control panel on the front of the printer, but I want to change the outgoing email address. In the printer's EWS interface, under Scan, there is NO ENTRY for Scan-to-Email. Where do I find this?

HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue by clicking here.
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire: 
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about posting in the community, please feel free to send me a private message!

Thank you

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.