Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
Officejet pro 8720
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

When I scan a document to save as PDF with my OfficeJet Pro 8720 (all in one) Printer, the file is too large. For Example, a page that I scanned with the hp 8500 is 104 kb, the same page with the 8720 is 420 kb. 

This will kill my hard drive.

Surely HP should care enough about customers to fix this. The same page was even smaller with the HP 8500 A Plus, until they sent me a software update. I wrongly assumed that the 8720 would be an improvement.

File size from PDF scan was the reason I dropped Lexmark. If this is not fixed, this will be my last HP Printer.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for using the HP Forums.

There is a feature on the software to get a smaller file:

1. From the software, go to "More"

1 Go to More.jpg

2. Go to "Destination" and Click on the "+" sign beside the File Type.

2 Destination and +on FIle type.jpg

3. Use the slider for the file size (Remember to select "OK"!)

3 File size and OK.jpg

4. Scan the document

You may need to do this several times to get to the optimal file size and resolution, "Save" the settings or create a new shortcut.

Hope that helps!

I am an HP Employee. Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.
Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for using the HP Forums.

There is a feature on the software to get a smaller file:

1. From the software, go to "More"

1 Go to More.jpg

2. Go to "Destination" and Click on the "+" sign beside the File Type.

2 Destination and +on FIle type.jpg

3. Use the slider for the file size (Remember to select "OK"!)

3 File size and OK.jpg

4. Scan the document

You may need to do this several times to get to the optimal file size and resolution, "Save" the settings or create a new shortcut.

Hope that helps!

HP Recommended

Thanks. That was very helpful.

HP Recommended

Hi @DaveAl,

Glad to hear that your issue is resolved and all is working well now.

Have a nice day!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.