Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 8600
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Printer works just fine as a printer, but when using it as a copier I get this paper mismatch error message.  End up scanning the page to my desktop then printing from there.  That works, but very cumbersome.  Seen other comments about this error but they apply to all forms of printing.  My printing works just fine.  The problem is only when using the copier function.  Any suggestions?  Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@taxed2max

Welcome to HP support community.

Change paper and copy size settings

1. Remove and reload the paper being used for the copy job. Make sure to slide in the paper width guides until they gently rest against the edges of the stack.

NOTE: 

If a message displays on the printer to confirm the paper type and size, touch OK if the size is correct, or touch Change or Modify to change it.

2. Touch Copy, Copy Document, or Copy Photo on the printer control panel.

3. Touch Settings or the gear icon  to access and change the following settings.

• Resize or Size: Change the size of the copy. Options can include a list of presets, custom sizes between 25 and 400 percent of the original size, Fit to Page, and an Actual Size setting to make a borderless copy.

• Paper Type: Select the plain or photo paper type for your copies.

• Tray Selection: Select the paper input tray with the paper being used for your copies.

• Paper Size: Select the paper size for your copies, or select Automatic to let the printer detect the paper loaded in the tray.

4. Select Save Current Settings or Set as New Defaults to retain the settings for future copy jobs.

5. Depending on the printer, touch Start, or return to the main Copy screen by touching Back, and then touch Start Black, Start Color, or OK to start the copy job.

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you but I had already tried all this.  And nothing changes.  It is ONLY when I try to photocopy something, in the copy mode,  that I get this error,  Printing from my computer, printing checks, pdfs, etc., all work just fine.  Error only happens during an attempt to photocopy,  (so I scan to my desktop and print the new pdf to get a copy, but this is cumbersome).  So if it were only the paper settings they why would the other modules be working just fine?

HP Recommended

@taxed2max

Thanks for replying!

Update the printer firmware

Download available firmware updates from the HP website

With the printer on and connected to the computer, go to HP Customer Support - Software and Driver Downloads, and then identify your printer. Look for and install any available firmware updates. Refer to the document HP Printers - Updating or Upgrading Printer Firmware

If the issue persists, we can try resetting the printer to its defaults. Here is how you do it-

Go to  Setup Menu

Select Tools > Restore Factory defaults

Now, try copying!

Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.