Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Photo Printing Alignment

Envy 5530 all-in-one
macOS 10.13 High Sierra

When printing photos the printer window box opens for preview and the picture shows centered on the 4 X 6 HP photo paper. But when it actually prints the image it is off center by 1/4 to 3/8 of an inch. I have checked many times to see if printing misaligned with the diagnostic printer sheet but no errors. I cannot adjust the paper size to exact measurement as indicated in the image. I had to back the last image with black background to see the difference even though it is cockeyed.Image 02.pngImage 01.pngImage 3.jpeg

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
10,519 10,499 786 779
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Photo Printing Alignment

@RAGsb1561, Welcome to HP Support Community!

This could be an issue with the drivers installed or the settings. Let us try to isolate and resolve the issue.

Ensure the driver settings are set to your requirements. Refer to the document HP Printers - How to Print Photos (Mac)  for help.

Also, you can try the steps below-

ensure that the printer is up to date with its firmware and Mac is up to date with its software. If you are unsure you may use the links below to update the printer firmware and Mac software:

Update printer firmware

Update software on Mac 

Remove and add the printer

Click the Apple menu, and then select System Preferences.

Depending on your operating system version, click Print & Fax, Print & Scan, or Printers & Scanners.

Click the name of your printer, click the Minus sign, and then delete the printer.

Select printer and click the minus sign

Click the Plus sign, and then click Add Printer or Scanner.

Click the Use or Print Using box, and then select AirPrint

Select AirPrint from the Use menu

Click Add to add the printer to the list.

Try to print.

Keep me posted for further assistance.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation